Project Manager - Building and Construction
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Intertek is searching for a Project Manager / Due Diligence Professional to join our Building & Constructionteam in our Fairfax, VA office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in Building Science Solutions.
The Project Manager / Due Diligence Professional will support the Building and Construction business by providing Property Condition Assessment and Construction Draw Review Inspection services, as well as building enclosure consulting and testing services. We're looking for an individual with approximately five or more years of active experience in the commercial industry.
What you will do:
- Property Condition Assessments (PCA) per ASTM E 2018-15
- Construction Draw Review Inspections
- Client/Project Management
- Conducts site visits/inspections
- Data compilation/organization and report preparation
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- 3+ years' experience performing PCAs, preferred
- Architectural, Construction Management or Engineering Degree, preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office experience a must (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Technical knowledge of commercial building systems
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be a self-starter
- Ability to efficiently work on projects independently and in a team environment
- Must be detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Follow and enforce safety requirements and company policies.
- Ability to perform work from ladders, boom-lifts, scaffolds, roofs, etc.
- Ability to travel outside local area, depending on local work load and project locations
- Valid driver's license and reliable driving record (required)
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening
- Fluent in English for the safe and effective performance of the job.
- Ability to perform roof/building envelope visual and/or moisture surveys
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings and specifications
- Knowledge and/or certification of operation of infrared scanner
- Knowledge of ASTM & AAMA moisture intrusion testing procedures
- Phase I ESA experience
- Experience with Bluebeam, Quire and Google Maps/Google Earth
- RRO or RRC
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do .
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy .
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek , you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.
#LI-LM1Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification (ATIC) solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Working at Intertek means joining a global network of state-of-the-art facilities and passionate people who deliver superior customer service with a purpose of bringing quality, safety, and sustainability to life.
Architectural Testing IncChantilly, VA
Get fresh Project Manager - Building and Construction jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.