This position with Architectural Surfaces Group (ASG) is responsible for performance of all warehouse operation functions, including but not limited to material handling, receiving, shipping, cleaning, and customer service. With the overall goal of providing the highest possible customer service experience.
Architectural Surfaces Group, parent company of Architectural Granite & Marble, Modul Marble, Pental Surfaces, Cosmic Stone Tile Distributors and Bedrock International has been a worldwide leader in granite, marble, quartz, tile and soapstone supply, now in twenty plus locations across the United States. Our deep industry experience and excellent reputation give us access to the finest quarries in the world, while our diverse customer base gives us the buying power to bring our customers top quality natural stone at an economical price. We carry more than 120 colors of natural stone in slabs from Brazil, India, China, Europe and beyond.
- Safely operate forklift and crane in outside yard and warehouse.
- Accurately process incoming orders.
- Stage material for both customer viewing and to load trucks
- Inspect, count, and verify all materials/products received against paperwork documentation prior to unloading trucks/containers. Note any discrepancies on paperwork.
- Sign off on all orders and obtain cross-check with co-workers/supervisor
- Load and unload material onto trucks safely and accurately
- Secure all slabs on trucks using safety straps, and chains.
- Safely move and secure bundles in warehouse.
- Tag and identify material as and when needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including cutting excess wood from warehouse and place in dumpsters.
- Responsible for quality control. Inspect material when loading trucks to ensure customer satisfaction and to also ensure container material to be in satisfactory condition when unloading containers.
- Operate forklifts and hoists as needed following all standard safety operating policies and using all required PPE
- Communicate with co-workers to ensure safety and to establish a consistent level of teamwork.
- Follow and adhere to all Company safety policies and standard operating procedures
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- Must have a good attitude and work together with others.
- Ability to follow written and verbal/non-verbal instructions.
- Hardworking and dedicated.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some Saturdays
- Ability to push/pull/lift up to 50+ lbs.
- Ability to use and/or learn proper forklift operation.
- Ability to read and understand order forms and serial numbers.
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience preferred but not required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive Rate, commensurate with experience.
- Full Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, supplemental, 401k, vacation and sick time.
- Opportunities for advancement.