ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER / PROJECT DESIGNER
Downtown Seattle, Washington Office
Position: Architectural Designer / Project Designer
Architectural Projects Practice Group: Commercial, Retail, Corporate Office, Mixed-Use, Hospitality, Industrial, or Multifamily Residential Projects
Office Location: Downtown Seattle, Washington 98101
Top ranked and prestigious national Architecture Design and Planning firm actively seeks talented, skilled, and experienced Architectural Designer / Project Designer to join our thriving and dynamic downtown Seattle, WA office.
The successful Architectural Designer / Project Designer will have the following task and responsibilities:
- Generate and manage development of architectural design and project drawings
- Perform leadership role on major projects
- Develop design intent and goals for successful implementation
- Work with Design Principals to guide and manage project design team , including consultants
- Interface / coordinate interior design, site planning and engineering to execute architectural design concepts
- Work with Principals on proposals / budget development
- Mentor junior design staff
- Provide design guidance to project staff
- Establish design budget and schedule
- Maintain and nurture direct contact with clients
Ideal Architectural Designer / Project Designer candidates will have the following Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture ( preferred but not required)
- 5 to 15 years of architectural design experience
- Commercial or Retail architecture project experience pertaining to mid to large-format projects is strongly preferred
- Strong conceptual and schematic design skills
- Strong verbal presentation skills
- Strong technical background with proficiency in AutoCAD, 3D Studio MAX, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and MS Office
- Experience with Revit preferred
OUR FIRM AT A GLANCE:
For over 40 years our firm has created innovative spaces for clients. We partner with businesses around the world in a highly collaborative process to create meaningful transformations in the built environment. Our design leaders walk with you every step of the journey, from concept and schematic design to development and construction administration. As one of the top design firms in the world, we design buildings and interiors that respond to your needs and aspirations. We help you create spaces that strengthen your identity and provide a high-quality, stimulating environment for your employees and visitors.
Our firm creates meaningful transformation through architectural services, planning, interior design, brand strategy and consulting services. Every day, our design leadership and delivery excellence creates opportunities for clients looking to enter new markets, introduce new formats or simply build their brands and businesses in new ways.
We are recognized as one of the largest architecture firms in the nation and one of the top retail design firms in the world. Our deep expertise across all project markets and disciplines informs our ability to interpret clients’ needs and bring together diverse teams tailored to every project.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM:
Our staff enjoys what we do and the people we do it with. We’re curious, empathetic and (mostly) ego-free. We push each other to be even better, support each other when things get stressful and go all out to help our clients achieve their goals.
Our culture is based on recognition and appreciation. So we celebrate birthdays. And anniversaries. And every other Friday, we get together for an all-office breakfast buffet.
We design over-the-top, insanely detailed gingerbread houses, dominate rec-league sports and know all the best happy hours around. Most importantly, we take time to give back to our communities, together.
If all of this sounds good to you, we’re seeking talented people who want to transform their careers. People make the place.
- Top tier base salary plus performance bonuses
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings programs with company matching
- Numerous holidays and flexible paid time off
- 529 savings plan and student loan assistance program
- Frequent all-office gatherings, lunch-and-learns and breakfast Fridays
- Career development program with numerous in-house training sessions and online courses
- Reimbursement for licensing and other certifications
- Vibrant new offices with on-site amenities like bike storage or fitness centers
- Multiple community giving opportunities, including a day off to volunteer
- Telecommuting and flexible work opportunities
- Parking, transit and toll subsidies
- Sports teams and team outings throughout the year
HOW TO APPLY:
We look forward to getting better acquainted with you and your future career goals. For immediate and completely confidential employment consideration please email detailed resume and project list, and our Architectural Division Lead will contact you promptly for an initial interview.
Terms: principal architect, design principal, design leader, senior architect, architecture, architectural, architect, project manager, intern, job captain, designer, design, drawings, construction documents, working drawings, AutoCAD, Revit, commercial, retail, corporate office, residential, industrial, multifamily, hospitality, Seattle, WA, Washington, design development, schematic design, conceptual design, construction administration, AIA, licensed architect, registered architect