3D CAD CAM Formbuilder
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
3D CAD/CAM FormBuilder
West Chicago, IL
- ACS Management Group, LLC is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join the CAD/CAM department within our Architectural Cast Stone manufacturing company.
- This is a permanent, full-time position that offers excellent benefits, competitive compensation, the opportunity to work with nationally and internationally recognized architects, and an opportunity to contribute to iconic architectural projects across the country.
- ACS Management Group is an established bespoke architectural furnishings job-shop creating high-end precast and cast-stone products in West Chicago. We have been involved in hundreds of high-profile, award-winning architectural projects throughout the country, including the Navy Pier in Chicago, the Notre Dame School of Architecture in South Bend, Indiana, and Piers 54 and 55 on the Hudson River in Manhattan. We are carving a niche as the premium source of innovation and technical ability within the industry.
- We currently use a 4-axis CNC router mill and 5-axis CNC hot-wire cutters to create both simple geometric and complex organic forms from expanded polystyrene foam, plywood, castable polyurethane, and a variety of other materials.
INITIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
If necessary, we are willing to train the right candidate as to the safe and efficient operation of our CNC equipment. This is an opportunity to receive valuable CNC (Computer Numeric Control) training and experience.
This is a hybrid position involving some computer work and some shop floor work.
The percentage of time spent on one or the other will vary daily, but the applicant can expect to spend roughly 30% of their time doing CAD and administrative work on a computer and 70% of their time cutting and assembling forms in the shop, and associated cleaning and organizing tasks, on average.
- Create efficient form layout for 2D CNC wire cutting in CAD (Rhinoceros 3D).
- Applicant will be responsible for reading and interpreting 2D drawings and creating CAD files for the production of 3D extrusions on a CNC wire cutter, taking into account material constraints, machining constraints, finishing constraints, and pouring constraints.
- CNC wire cutting of foam billets.
- Assembly of complex 3D forms in a variety of materials.
- General administrative duties pertaining to the tracking of form production progress.
- General shop duties such as clean-up, foam recycling, foam billet unloading, etc.
ADVANCED RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
An applicant showing an aptitude for CAD and CNC machining will be given an opportunity to expand their workload to include more complex formwork tasks. Training in Mastercam and further training in Rhinoceros 3D will be provided if necessary.
- Draw appropriate complex 3D negatives from 2D drawings or 3D computer models.
- Section complex 3D negatives into manufacturable parts for 3D CNC wire cutting or CNC machining, as appropriate, taking into account material constraints, machining constraints, finishing constraints, and pouring constraints.
- Toolpath individual parts for CNC machining in Mastercam.
- CNC wire cutting and CNC machining of various materials to create complex 3D forms.
- If necessary, we are willing to train the right candidate in the basics of the CAD program Rhinoceros3D. However, proficiency in Rhino is preferred. Those with proficiency in other CAD programs (particularly AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor, or Fusion) should have little trouble transitioning to Rhino.
- Proficiency in Mastercam will be an asset, although training will be provided for the right candidate if necessary. Proficiency in other tool pathing programs such as Delcam or RhinoCam will be considered.
- Solid 3D spatial relations skills are a must. We are a cast stone manufacturer, and therefore you will often be tasked with creating three-dimensional negatives into which a positive will be poured. In most cases, you will be working from two-dimensional drawings of positives.
- Strong basic math skills (addition, multiplication, division, fractions, and decimals)
- Strong basic computer skills (Windows)
- Good organization skills: Ability to multitask in a schedule-driven environment with the ability to maintain accuracy.
- General shop skills including the use of table saws and chop saws.
- Some type of carpentry / machining / shop experience.
- Flexible to change, and able to multitask and shift project direction based on customer needs and deadlines.
- Good work ethic
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to take direction.
- Willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail.
- Those with experience in architectural furnishings will be given preferential consideration.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods, stand for extended periods, or, more frequently, a combination of sitting and standing. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
- The employee will be required to move, by forklift, polystyrene billets weighing up to 250 lbs. Polystyrene billets also need to be shifted and positioned by hand once on the work surface. Help will be available for moving and positioning particularly heavy materials.
- US$45,000 – US$60,000 per year, depending on qualifications and experience.
- Paid Time Off
- 8 paid holidays
- Medical insurance
- Company paid basic life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- Voluntary benefits: dental, short-term disability, permanent life insurance, term life insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance.
- Annual variable pay bonus.
This job description is intended to provide an overview of the job and the general nature and level of work to be performed. This description is not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. ACS Management Group, LLC is an equal employment opportunity workplace.
Holding both the APA & CSI certifications and with approvals from numerous agencies (DOTS, PBS, NYCSA, CPS, MTA, etc.), ACS can guarantee both the quality of its products and the efficiency of its processes thereby helping to ensure the cost effectiveness and success of your project.
Architectural Cast Stone
AddressWest Chicago, IL
Arts and Entertainment
Get fresh Cad Cam Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.