For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at .www.adm.com
Maintenance Mechanic - Destrehan, LA
This is an hourly level position.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot/maintain/repair plant equipment including but not limited to: dust systems, gearboxes, bearings, drive belts, pulleys, and pneumatic systems.
- Log and report dust system preventative maintenance and magnahelic readings.
- Notify management of high magnahelic readings and/or visible dust emissions.
- High school diploma preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years of industrial maintenance experience preferred.
- Applicant must have strong communication skills, organizational skills, time management, and be detail oriented.
- Ability to perform dust system maintenance and preventative maintenance.
- knowledge of hand and air tools
- Must be willing to work as part of a team.
- Must have a work safe mentality.
- Applicant must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., walk long distances, stand for long periods, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights, and work in extreme temperature conditions.
- This is a shift work position.
- Must be flexible, willing and able to work weekends and/or call backs.
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.