Project Manager - Instrumentation and Controls
Project Manager, Automation - Instrumentation and Controls - Sachs Electric
About the company
Since 1925 Sachs Electric, a division of ArchKey Solutions, has been providing electrical contracting and technology solutions - solving problems for our customers with critical needs. Voted as a 2022 Top Workplace, we take great pride in being problem solvers and are built on the idea that solving the right problems delivers the best results
About the position
Reporting to the Group Manager, the Automation-Instrumentation and Controls Project Manager maintains overall administrative and technical direction for Instrumentation & Controls projects with an emphasis on Building Management Systems and Industrial Control Systems. Typical projects include the installation of Control Systems and/or Instrumentation in Industrial Processing facilities and Data Centers. Projects may also include the installation of mechanical instrumentation, impulse tubing, instrument air, and sample lines. Project Managers may have overall bottom-line responsibility for profit and loss, and consequently, carry the authority appropriately, and will provide technical and engineering support as required by the projects assigned.
Day in the life
- Oversee construction to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with specifications, design, budget, and schedule
- Interfacing with the general contractors, the client's representatives, ownership, the architect engineer's representatives, union officials where applicable, subcontractors, if any, and developing a good working relationship with field labor and supervision.
- Responsible for coordinating and directing support functions assigned to the project
- Oversee multiple smaller projects and estimate new projects
- Authorize and/or approve all project personnel transactions including choice of the superintendent, general foremen, foremen, number of people on projects, wages, purchase requisitions, payment approvals, change order requests and estimates thereof, all billing, design assistance, and any other related construction or support activities
- Negotiate with unions concerning grievances, jurisdiction, market recovery programs, or other labor-related issues with the assistance of the appropriate company officer or NECA, if applicable
- Ensures all company, client, and project policies, procedures, and standards are adhered to and interpret the policies as required
- Responsible for the maintenance of all official project documentation and logs and assists in the implementation/interpretation of safety programs and ensures that all OSHA requirements are met
- Provides direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required
- Responsible for customer maintenance and other sales and marketing as required or directed
- Performs specialized estimating and assists in estimating projects as required by the company's needs
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (preferably Electrical or Mechanical) or Construction Management or minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code
- Must possess strong attention to detail and ensure maximum quality of work throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Experience with Bluebeam Revu a plus
Travel to project sites (regionally and nationally) as needed
ArchKey Solutions is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer: M/W/Vets/Disabilities.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is an important aspect of our culture.
? Every person is welcomed ? Every person is included ? Every person is valued
ArchKey SolutionsFenton, MO
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.