Direct Hire Position. $52,000 per year plus overtime
- Optimizes all machine processes by reducing scrap, cycle times and mold change times;
- Assists with launches of new programs by building a new process to ensure quality products of parts and attends launch meetings prior to production start-up as needed;
- Maintains and secures controlled injection process by using part weights by using plastic data and using a systematic approach to optimising current running process;
- Directs set-ups for molds using efficient mold change systems and robotics;
- Oversees in-house tooling and material evaluations to ensure optimum performance;
- Describes system, components, and parts operating characteristics and malfunctions by writing technical reports;
- Sets-up injection molds and performs start-up and shut-down of molding systems;
- Verifies systems performance by testing functioning of installed equipment;
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, and evaluating new equipment and techniques;
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining process controls of presses, molds and equipment.
- Must be experienced with Robotics and Programming, with End of Arm Set-up and troubleshooting, develop and modify robot programs to handle parts without causing damage to the equipment or parts
- Knowledge of TPO's/ABS/Nylons/PC's.
- Monitor production for accuracy and efficiency and work with quality inspectors to ensure part quality/performance
- Make minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to machines/tools and notify supervisors when major service is required
- Provide ownership and analysis of injection molding process and equipment for the reduction in defects, overall process improvement and/or the reduction of downtime and continue improvements
- Compiles, stores and receives production data
- Completes all paperwork as required.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures.
- Must have experience with hot runners/valve gate sequencing/gas assist/insert molding.
- Promote safety by abiding to all related policies and procedures
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005
Minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent. Ability to read, write and speak English effectively.
Possess basic mathematical skills
Possess basic office skills such as Excel, Microsoft Word and AS400 systems.
Safety and environmental training and experience
Previous experience in injection molding department or at least manufacturing experience.
Must be able to work afternoons or night shift
Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
Troubleshooting ability is required.
Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
Demonstrated good internal customer service skills.
Arch Staffing and Consulting