Location: Spokane, WA
This a fantastic opportunity to join an established company and make an impact on technical support operations!
Here's a description of the role:
- Responsible for the performance of the IT Service Desk team.
- Responsible for defining the week-to-week and day-to-day tactics of the IT Service Desk team, in alignment with the strategies set forth by the Director of IT Service Operations.
- Responsible for ensuring the IT Service Desk team is properly staffed, every week, during IT business hours to support the customer and business needs.
- Responsible for ensuring the IT Service Desk team members are all adequately trained.
- Responsible for the acquisition, review and development of talent on the IT Service Desk team. Active participation in the compensation process of the personnel on the IT Service Desk team.
- Responsible for defining and managing the project deliverables of the IT Service Desk team, ensuring deliverables are received on time and in full (OTIF).
- Responsible for actively working to identify gaps in processes (lack of single process, obsolete processes, incorrect processes) and then working to address them.
- Responsible for monitoring Incident and Request history of the IT Service Desk team and providing feedback/adjusting the team’s/individual’s performance as needed.
- Responsible for identifying Incident trends across the IT Service Operations team and working to address them thru the Problem Management process.
- Responsible for working with Tier 2 Leadership to identify ways to “shift left” Incident workarounds and Request Fulfillment tasks.
- Responsible for working with Tier 2 Leadership to address feedback on erroneous Incident escalations to the Tier 2 support team by the Service Desk staff.
- Responsible for ensuring the Service Desk team properly documents information and ServiceNow records.
- 4-year technical degree with 4-years’ applicable experience, or 10-years’ applicable experience
- ITIL adoption experience