Fast-growing and dynamic design-build construction firm seeks a qualified individual to manage local and federal projects. The Civil Engineer is responsible for developing plan sets & specs. The right individual will have experience in private and public projects and have both analytical and client interfacing skills. This opportunity provides ability to work at the office and on the field during projects.
-Developing plans, specifications, peer reviews, reports, proposals, client meetings, and coordination meetings.
-Knowledge of and experience with compliance for local, state, and federal regulations related to safety, IBC codes, and standards.
-Analyze local engineering operations and refine protocols for efficiency, productivity, and profitability.
-Coordination with other design disciplines and drafting staff to complete projects.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited university in Civil Engineering.
- EIT required but will give preference to candidates who have PE license
- Three to 5 years (minimum) design engineering or field engineering experience.
- A background in practical field construction work, which can be prior to or in combination with engineering work.
- A combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Mastery of English in written form with clarity and specificity.
- State of Idaho and/or Washington stamps or ability to obtain a license in Idaho and Washington within 12 months.
- practical construction: 2 years (Preferred)
- CAD software: 1 year (Required)
- The ability to multi-task to perform work both independently and in a team environment and to prioritize tasks is required.
- Analytical and detailed critical thinking skills are necessary for the position, with ability to reason through variables to make sound decisions regarding the execution of plans and specs. While such analytical skills are required, the right candidate will also be able to communicate the requirements of the work in simple, understandable language to clients and the design team.
- AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite expertise with superior Excel skills and experience required.
- Perform engineer’s estimates.
- Ability to complete shop drawings with AutoCAD is desirable & preferred.
- Physical ability to work for extended periods of time at a desk while having the ability to occasionally lift 50lb parcels and to stoop, kneel, and climb ladders to view completion of construction work is required.
- Cognitive and emotional intelligence skills, enabling positive interaction with consultants, suppliers, and clients under stressful circumstances where conflict and misunderstandings are common and need to be resolved are desired.
- Willingness to attend continuing education classes to expand and maintain work skill set is also an expectation.
- Must have a current driver’s license and possess vehicle insurance coverage.
- Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background and screening investigation and have personal transportation and willingness to travel to meet with subs and suppliers.
- Bachelor's degree (Required)
- Multiple locations (primarily within the Coeur d’Alene region, but occasional travel)
Arch Staffing and Consulting is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer; individuals are considered for employment regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status.