Manager - Stormwater Team
Arch Environmental Group, Inc. Farmington Hills, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
- $67,000 to $74,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, 401k, dental,
Arch Environmental Group, Inc. (AEG) is seeking an outgoing and hard-working team-oriented manager to lead our group of environmental professionals on the cleanWATER Team. The primary internal responsibility of the position will be managing the Municipal and Industrial Stormwater Program team members. The managing activities will include three key components – performance management and training activities for all direct reports, team member coordination and project scheduling, and Manager Level meetings with the Executive Management Team. The manager will also provide technical and project support where necessary based on knowledge and experience.
Key Management Responsibilities:
- Lead, mentor, and support the Team with the goal of maximizing performance and efficiency
- Oversee and coordinate ongoing professional development for team members
- Conduct performance reviews and additional one-on-one professional development sessions as needed based on team member objectives and performance
- Align team member goals to Company’s objectives
- Continual monitoring of team stormwater tasks, project schedules, and resource allocation to assist with weekly Stormwater task/project scheduling
- Delegate project tasks based on team members' individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels
- Draft, revise and present proposals for team and company-wide work
- Development and administration of stormwater contracts
- Continual management of Team revenues and expenses
- Conduct on-going Client Services activities, which may include tasks related to sales, marketing, new client development, long-term relationship development with key clients, and client satisfaction monitoring
- Administrative review of documentation produced by team members
- Support team members with site strategy, budget management, health and safety performance, and client interaction
- Actively participate in Management Team discussions on Company direction, provide team status reviews, and assist with implementation of Company initiatives
- Staffing determinations
- Interviewing and hiring recommendations and coordination of new hires
- Salary/wage recommendations
Key Project Responsibilities:
- Complete projects in a safe, compliant, and timely manner
- Complete projects and/or project components as needed due to personal knowledge and competencies
Experience, Academic Requirements, Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in science-related discipline and 7+ years of relative project and leadership experience; or a minimum of 10+ years of relative project and leadership experience.
- Experience in providing leadership to people with diverse backgrounds and experiences on high-pressure, high-visibility projects.
- Experience with federal, state, and local environmental regulatory agency laws, regulations, and permitting requirements.
- Working knowledge and experience with with NPDES stormwater permitting for municipal systems (MS4s), industrial activities, and construction activities preferred.
- This is a full-time position, exempt position.
- This position is performed in primarily in an office environment with flexible work hours based on project and client needs, but with anticipated typical work hours of Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- This position allows for some remote work opportunities.
- This position will occasionally require field activities in varying environmental conditions.
- Candidate must pass a medical surveillance that includes drug screening and respiratory function testing in order to operate in respirator-controlled environments.
- Personal vehicle use for travel to/from project sites is expected.
Arch Environmental Group, Inc. has specific policies, procedures, and work practices to help continue to minimize the spread of COVID-19. In an effort to address safety issues presented by the spread of coronavirus, the Company developed a COVID-19 Response Plan to ensure that all employees are protected to the extent possible from exposure to COVID-19. The Company requires the use of facial coverings. In addition, the Company is retained by clients that have vaccination requirements and effective October 1, 2021, the Company requires all team members to be fully vaccinated.
Arch Environmental Group, Inc. offers an excellent compensation package, including full medical and dental insurance for the individual, employer sponsored retirement plan with matching contributions, iPhone with T-Mobile service, iPad, field gear purchase reimbursement, professional license (Michigan) reimbursement, PTO, and paid holidays.
Submit resumes via email to Steve Roach, Chief Operating Officer, at email@example.com as either an MS Word or PDF attachment. Please include a cover letter either as the body of your email or as a separate attachment. Please put “Manager - Stormwater Team” in the subject heading. No phone calls or faxes, please.
If you are a qualified candidate, we will contact you by phone or email within one week of submission to discuss our formal position description and the candidate search process.
Arch Environmental Group, Inc.Why Work Here?
Arch Environmental Group, Inc. offers excellent compensation package, including medical and dental insurance, employer sponsored retirement
Arch Environmental Group, Inc. is a dynamic environmental consulting and waste management firm serving educational, industrial, commercial, health care, and governmental markets throughout the State of Michigan. In this era of environmental awareness, our staff meets the ever-changing challenges of our clients through the continuous education of our staff, high quality service and the application of innovative problem solving. As we continue to expand, the name Arch Environmental Group, Inc. will remain synonymous with exceptional quality in our field. We will continue to maintain our values and guiding principles, integrity, dedication and work ethic, that sets us apart and allows our company to flourish.
37720 Interchange DriveFarmington Hills, MI