Telework Systems Administrator II
- Expired: February 10, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Arcetyp LLC is a growing small business that provides a broad range of consulting services to US Federal Government, US Military, and Commercial clients. Services include Management & IT Consulting, Program & Project Management, and Professional & Admin Services.
We are recruiting a Telework System Administrator II to support daily maintenance, troubleshooting, and modernization of legacy Microsoft application servers, network, and authentication servers. The System Administrator II will support IRM's IT operations by maintaining, troubleshooting, providing emergency issue resolution, and assisting with the ongoing modernization of IT legacy MS Server domain controllers, DHCP, DNS, Nutanix virtual server environment, VMWare VDI, and legacy MS Windows application servers (Windows 2008, 2012).
- Provide on-call support for after business hours server outages.
- Maintain, configure, and troubleshoot servers including DNS, DHCP, AD, ADFS, and Nutanix virtual servers.
- Maintain, configure, and troubleshoot Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VMWare VDI).
- Maintain, configure, and troubleshoot Microsoft Endpoint for laptops and mobile devices.
- Maintain, configure, and troubleshoot Microsoft Exchange.
- Maintain, configure, and troubleshoot Microsoft Office 365 cloud applications.
- Maintain, configure, and troubleshoot Microsoft Azure.
- Build new servers as necessary. including Domain, DNS, DHCP, AD, and Nutanix virtual servers.
- Restore servers from backup as necessary.
- Perform server performance troubleshooting.
- Perform server security auditing and recommend security improvements.
- Create and maintain change management and documentation for system administration.
- Provide weekly status reports on all activities.
- Perform high level of customer service and care with effective and professional communication with all levels of staff.
System Administrator II Experience
A minimum of five years' experience, of which at least three years must be specialized.
Specialized experience includes:
•Administering on-premise/cloud Active Directory and Active Directory Federated Services.
•Administering /troubleshooting DNS servers.
•Administering /troubleshooting DHCP servers.
•Administering /troubleshooting virtualized server environments and underlying infrastructure.
•Administering /troubleshooting virtual desktop infrastructure.
•Administering /troubleshooting Microsoft Endpoint for laptops and mobile devices.
•Administering /troubleshooting Office 365 cloud applications.
•Administering /troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange.
•Intermediate understanding of Linux commands and troubleshooting.
•Intermediate familiarity with database administration and troubleshooting to include SQL and Oracle
•Administering /troubleshooting Microsoft Azure.
•Ability to administer legacy versions of MS Windows such as Windows 2008 Server, 2012 Server, and Windows 7.
An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related discipline is required.
With a Bachelor's degree (in the fields described above), four years' experience of which at least two years must be specialized.
With eight years' experience of which at least six years are specialized, a degree is not required.
A Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and / or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification is preferred.
COMPENSATION. Pay and benefits information for this position will be provided to interested candidates that apply. Arcetyp offers a package of compensation and benefits to full-time salaried employees.
Arcetyp is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we highly value diversity of our workforce. We accept resumes from all interested parties and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual preference, personal appearance, family responsibility, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or physical disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
In submitting an application for this position via our site you are confirming that Arcetyp can submit your resume to our client(s) for review.
Get fresh System Administrator II jobs daily straight to your inbox!