Electronics Tech I- Nellis
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Electronic Maintenance Technician 1 (P5CTS-Nellis)
Department: JTECH 2
Location: Nellis AFB, Las Vegas, NV
Position requires real time mission support of P5 ACTS systems at the Nellis AFB location. Participates in the development and operational evaluation of new electronic systems and subsystems. Apply technical knowledge to solve complex problems that typically cannot be solved by referencing manufacturers' manuals or similar documents.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain understanding of all electronic support equipment and follow guidelines using checklists and additional published work instructions and procedures.
- Provide operational and maintenance support for the P5 ACTS system including preventative maintenance, diagnosis of system problems and implementation of repairs on equipment to include elements of the P5 Combat Training System and Individual Combat Aircrew Debriefing System (ICADS) network components.
- Perform mission preparation duties for flights, to include configuration of Data Recording Devices and data logging devices.
- Maintain documented maintenance actions and reporting through use of the Resource Management Center (RMC). Adherence to established Maintenance Management Plan and related procedures.
- Provide customers with operational assistance daily, as required. Events include live mission support, post-mission debriefings, and briefings for visitors.
- Repair equipment to original specifications necessary to maintain a fully operational condition.
- Accomplish efficient and accurate handling and storage of classified information and materials.
- Attend training events and meetings as required.
- Demonstrate ability to perform tasks and make effective decisions under stressful circumstances during live mission support events and post-mission debriefings.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively complete tasks while interfacing at all levels.
- Proficient skill in commercial computer hardware and Windows OS.
- Ability to perform new software installations and software upgrades on equipment used for mission support and debriefings.
- Attend mandatory JTECH 2, government, and corporate meetings as required.
- S. Electronics or equivalent military/field experience/training.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Must pass drug screening.
- Must be able to read and write efficiently in English.
- Must adhere to safe work practices and standards while performing daily tasks, taking responsibility for own and coworkers' safekeeping and encouraging others to work safely.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Must perform work activities requiring interaction, negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others.
- Must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to feedback from Supervisors and Lead Technician(s).
- With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA and approved time off, attendance is considered essential. Flexibility in work hours is necessary to support scheduled missions and events is mandatory; shift work is necessary. Possible shifts include days, nights, weekends and holiday support. Occasional overtime may be required.
- Physical requirements - Sitting and standing for long periods of time occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
Arcata Associates, Inc.
AddressLas Vegas, NV
ManufacturingView all jobs at Arcata Associates, Inc.