Arcadis seeks a Senior Structural Engineer to join our team in Atlanta GA. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated engineer to join our team locally with support from one of the best-qualified municipal consulting firms in the country. The Senior Structural Engineer, with the support of a strong nationally recognized technical staff, will utilize their expertise and technical knowledge of structural design & construction engineering, along with a proven reputation for excellence with clients to successful execute projects within the Municipal & Industrial Water / Wastewater and Water Resources infrastructure design & construction engineering consulting markets to help build and grow our practice.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engineer will lead water / wastewater design engineering and construction projects; responsible for the production of design calculations, technical reports, permitting, detailed design and engineering plans and specifications for Water / Wastewater projects including; plant upgrades, storage facilities, pipelines, storm water systems, pump stations, and distribution / collection systems.
- Mentor entry-level and junior structural engineering staff.
- Organizes and conducts structural related engineering investigations, calculations, and planning work which has a well-defined scope.
- Researches feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions and regulatory agency specifications.
- Works effectively in team situations and establishes strong relationships with other teams where overlap of client project work exists.
- Will lead the development of calculations, plans, specifications, requests for proposals, and other contract documents.
- Works directly with a variety of engineering disciplines, office / project staff, client and sub-contractors, throughout the project life cycle, and therefore should have clear and concise, oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to coordinate meetings, conduct effective client presentations and prepare written reports.
- Will exercise their own judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Manages the production of engineering and construction drawings, specifications, bid packages, and cost estimates for projects.
- Will function as an Engineer of Record, Task Manager or Project Engineer on projects to manage related budgets and schedules, lead deliverables, and leads with the development and management of plans, permit checklists, scopes of work and will facilitate coordination for timely completion and submission of projects.
- Ensure project compliance with all Arcadis practices and quality and safety standards.
- Some travel may be required to support project needs.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Skills to include; public speaking, ability to work as part of a team, preparation and development of technical documents, prior client involvement and/or relationship skills as part of the project team.
- Strong structural analysis and design skills.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Water / Wastewater.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Georgia Professional Engineer License.
- Structural analysis and design skills.
- Solid professional experience with structural engineering related to a variety of W/WW systems.
- Experience preparing, reviewing and approving project drawings, specifications, schedules and cost estimates.
- Functional knowledge and experience with AutoCAD/REVIT software.
- Functional experience with MS Office applications.
- Experience in utilizing STAAD Pro and other structural software.
- Excellent working knowledge of all building codes and standards such as IBC, ACI, etc.
- 15 Years' Experience in Engineering Consulting.
- Master's Degree in Structural, Civil Engineering or a related field of study.
- Florida Professional Engineer License.
- SE, NCEES Record with MLSE.
- Working knowledge of RAM Elements and RAM Connections.
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world's most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry's foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.About this Business Line
Water, perhaps the world's most critical resource, can both sustain and destroy. As a global top five player in water services, we focus on the entire water cycle - from source to tap and back again - while also managing rivers and coastal zones, urban and rural water, and issues related to climate change and rising sea levels. Join our specialist teams of engineers, scientists and consultants and be uniquely positioned to provide safe and secure water technology that is built to withstand and support the demands of a rapidly changing world.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.