Arcadis seeks a Senior Project Manager/Program Manager for leading the Pipeline Design and Condition Assessment practice in the DC Metro and Mid-Atlantic area and to serve as a client-facing Project Manager/Program Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated engineer to join our team locally with support from one of the best-qualified full-service water consulting firms in the country. The successful candidate, with the support of a strong internationally recognized staff, will utilize their expertise and technical knowledge of municipal wastewater planning, design & construction engineering, along with a proven reputation for excellence in client management / business development to successfully win and execute projects.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership and project management for sewer and water pipeline rehabilitation and replacement design as well as condition assessment projects.
- Leading and directing the development of water and wastewater opportunities as a client-facing project director/manager in our seller/doer model.
- Overseeing the planning, design, and construction administration of projects to ensure compliance with contracts, drawings, specifications, codes, statutes, rules, and regulations, as well as Arcadis quality and safety practices.
- Communicating with clients, establishing goals and objectives for project teams, and scheduling and coordinating resources to deliver projects on time, within budget, and to the performance expectations of the client.
- Providing technical expertise on multi-disciplined projects as a QA/QC reviewer, technical advisor, or design leader.
- Managing small to large sized, multi-disciplined, municipal water / wastewater projects, including client interactions and leading project teams in successful project delivery with respect to scope, schedule, quality and budget.
- Participate actively in the marketing and proposal phases of projects including scope.
- Development of value propositions, client interviews and contract execution.
- This position would also support in the development of junior staff, development of conceptual drawings, coordination of work with Global Excellence Centers, development of BODR and PERs, alternative analysis, working with our cost estimating team and development of project documents.
- Excellent technical engineering skills.
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
- Leads teams and collaborates with clients.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Client relationships/experience with the local municipalities.
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in Pipeline Design and Condition Assessment.
- Must have Project Management experience on municipal water, wastewater, or stormwater projects of various sizes.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering in Civil, Environmental, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- P.E. License and ability to acquire PE Licensure in Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland within 6 months.
- Experience preparing, reviewing and approving project drawings, specifications, schedules and cost estimates.
- Master's in Civil, Environmental, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 20 years experience.
- Experience with pump station design in water and sewer networks is desirable.
- Experience with master planning and some exposure to hydraulic modeling is desirable.
- Existing relationships with municipal clients in the DC/Baltimore Metro area and/or Mid-Atlantic area is desirable.
Why Choose Arcadis?
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world's most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry's foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Water is the world's most critical resource. At Arcadis, we work tirelessly to help protect this natural resource, focusing on the entire water cycle. From source to tap, managing rivers and coast zones, urban and rural water supply, and issues related to climate change and rising sea levels, our specialists, engineers and scientists help address all of the challenges facing water. Using cutting-edge technologies, collaborating to develop innovative solutions and tapping into global learning development resources, we are uniquely positioned to provide safe and secure water services that support the demand of a rapidly changing world. Join our team to start improving quality of life today.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any ...