Physical Therapy Assistant Professor of Practice - Hybrid Clinical Education Section Lead- Part -Tim
Job Description: The part-time (approximately 10 hours per week) Physical Therapy Assistant Professor/Hybrid Clinical Education Section Lead reports directly to the Director of Hybrid Clinical Education (DHCE) with oversight from the Director of Clinical Education (DCE). Responsibilities will lie primarily with the Hybrid component of the curriculum but may include aspects of clinical education within both the Hybrid and Residential components of Arcadia's DPT Program to include interfacing with Arcadia's educational partners. The Hybrid and Residential components of the DPT Program occur in parallel with each other following the same curriculum but with different delivery methods. The Section Lead will contribute to the clinical education leadership team within the department, directly collaborating with the Director of Hybrid Clinical Education (DHCE) and Associate Director of Hybrid Clinical Education (ADHCE).
- Under direction of the DHCE, lead a hybrid section of each clinical education course including management of all assignments and communications.
- Support clinical faculty and students through the clinical education experiences.
- Collaborate with the clinical education team to identify learning/support needs of students and clinical sites.
- With assistance from the clinical education team as needed, utilize intervention strategies with CIs, SCCEs, and students who excel or demonstrate difficulties while on clinical education experiences.
- Review summative feedback and collaborate with DHCE and ADHCE to recommend grades for all clinical education experiences with input from DCEs as needed.
- Communicate with Site Coordinators of Clinical Education (SCCEs), Clinical Instructors (CIs), and students to monitor progress and assess student performance.
- Supervise and communicate with students prior to, while on and after clinical experiences.
- Evaluate clinical education sites through student feedback, on-site (or virtual) visits, and ongoing communications. Collaborates as needed with DHCE to provide feedback to CIs concerning their effectiveness in delivering clinical learning experiences based on student feedback and through direct observations.
- Collaborate with the CE team and external partners to identify the need for clinical site and faculty development through ongoing evaluation and assessment of strengths and areas needing further development or action.
- Assist in monitoring and documenting the clinical performance of students to ensure that they successfully achieve the criteria for completing clinical learning experiences.
- Collaborate with the clinical education team to provide input into curriculum review, and revision.
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as directed by the Department Chair, DHCE, or DCE.
- Teach/facilitate discussion within the entry-level curriculum in areas of clinical education content as needed
- Doctoral degree is required
- Minimum 2 years academic teaching experience OR clinical education experience
- Minimum 2 years clinical practice
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Embraces technology and innovative approaches
- Demonstrated administrative skill and experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Other Requirements: (e.g., certificates, license required)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a physical therapist in the state of Pennsylvania
- Applications must be submitted online through Arcadia's Human Resources portal to receive full consideration. Please do not email application materials to the hiring manager. Due to the volume of applications received, communication will generally be limited to candidates selected for additional consideration.
- Application review will begin immediately. Posting will be removed from the website once we've established a sufficient talent pool for consideration.
Arcadia University is a top-ranked private University in Greater Philadelphia that provides a values-based educational experience by placing students at the center. The Institute of International Education has ranked Arcadia first nationally in study abroad for 10 of the last 13 years, and the Princeton Review has ranked Arcadia among the "Best in the Northeast" for eight consecutive years. The University's Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs are nationally ranked in their respective categories by U.S. News & World Report, which cites Arcadia for being among the top study abroad programs and among the "most innovative," and "best value" colleges. Arcadia promises a distinctively global, integrative, and personal learning experience that prepares students to contribute and lead in a diverse and dynamic world. Through its community of practice and commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) and to combating anti-Black Racism, Arcadia has made facilitating a safe and welcoming environment a priority. Learn more about our vibrant community at www.arcadia.edu.
Our belief and experience is that there is strength in diversity and we are committed to building a welcoming and inclusive environment for students and employees alike. We are a community built on varied experiences and perspectives that beneﬁts from open-minded discussion and cultural humility. Guided by our University's values, we are committed to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion, and we are working towards dismantling anti-Black racism/white supremacy and other forms of interpersonal and systemic discrimination and oppression.
We welcome candidates who can contribute through their research, teaching, service, and/or lived experiences to the diversity and excellence of the academic community. The successful candidate will include a statement of interest demonstrating examples of ways they will incorporate our values. in their teaching and scholarly work through application, methodology, content, and/or inclusion of students from diverse backgrounds pursuing research/creative work.
At Arcadia University, our JEDI principles (Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion) are the foundation of our highly regarded, values-based learning community, which reflects the world in which we want to live. As such, Arcadia actively seeks and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds and abilities. Arcadia prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, age, gender identity, military or military veteran status, disability, family medical or genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. All offers of employment are conditional based on the successful completion of a background check. Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background check.
Arcadia UniversityGlenside, PA
EducationView All Arcadia University Jobs
Get fresh Physical Therapy Assistant Professor of Practice - Hybrid Clinical Education Section Lead- Part -Tim jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.