Assistant Professor / Director of Hybrid Clinical Education :FF245A
- Expired: May 07, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Assistant Professor / Director of Hybrid Clinical Education (DHCE) reports directly to the Director of Clinical Education(DCE) with oversight from the Program Director and Department Chair. The primary responsibility will be oversight of clinical education within the Hybrid DPT Program while interfacing with the Residential Program. The Hybrid DPT Program occurs in parallel with the residential program following the same curriculum but with different delivery methods. The DHCE functions as part of the department leadership team (Chair, Program Director, Hybrid Program Director, Director of Clinical Education and Director of Hybrid Clinical Education) to achieve the goals of the department, college and University, subject to University policy and direction from the Department Chair.
- Primary responsibility will be oversight of clinical education courses within the curriculum with emphasis on the hybrid components.
- Working closely with the Director of Clinical Education, help to expand the existing residential Doctor of Physical Therapy Program clinical curriculum that maintains the standards, quality, and expectations of the residential program.
- Interface with corporate partner, 2U Inc., to execute the clinical education program's expansion and implementation for the hybrid components.
- Collaborate with the Director of Clinical Education to ensure consistent standards for faculty and students between the two programs.
- Oversee recruitment and assessment of clinical education sites for consistency of experiences between the two programs.
- Collaborate with Director of Clinical Education to oversee development and implementation of clinical faculty training and support programs related to clinical education.
- Monitor effectiveness of the Hybrid DPT clinical education program through collaboration with Hybrid DPT Program Director, DPT Program Director, and Director of Clinical Education.
- Assess student performance within both programs in conjunction with the Director of Clinical Education.
- Assist in the assembly of data and other information about the Hybrid DPT Program for various reports both internal and external.
- Represent the Hybrid DPT Program clinical education at public events.
- Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as directed by the Department Chair.
- DPT degree
- Working knowledge of Clinical Education process
- Experience as a site SCCE or DCE preferred
Application Submission: Applications must be submitted online through Arcadia's Human Resources portal to receive full consideration. Please do not email application materials to the hiring manager. Due to the volume of applications received, communication will generally be limited to candidates selected for additional consideration.
Application review will begin immediately. Posting will be removed from the website once we've established a sufficient talent pool for consideration.
Arcadia University is a top-ranked private University in Greater Philadelphia that provides an educational experience that is values-based; rooted in justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI); and places students at the center. The Institute of International Education has ranked Arcadia first nationally in study abroad for 10 of the last 12 years, and the Princeton Review has ranked Arcadia among the "Best in the Northeast" for seven consecutive years. The University's Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs are nationally ranked in their respective categories by U.S. News & World Report, which also ranks Arcadia among the top 25 percent in its category and cites Arcadia for being among the "most innovative" and "best value" colleges. Approximately 3,700 students study at Arcadia, with 2,300 undergraduate students choosing from more than 65 fields of study. Arcadia promises a distinctively global, integrative, and personal learning experience that prepares students to contribute and lead in a diverse and dynamic world. Through its community of practice, Arcadia has made facilitating a safe and welcoming environment a priority by developing and implementing anti-Black Racism Initiatives (ABRI) on campus and in its surrounding communities. Visit .
Our belief and experience is that there is strength in diversity and we are committed to building a welcoming and inclusive environment for students and employees alike. We are a community built on varied experiences and perspectives that benefits from open-minded discussion and cultural humility. Guided by our University's values, we are committed to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion, and we are working towards dismantling anti-Black racism/white supremacy and other forms of interpersonal and systemic discrimination and oppression.
We welcome candidates who can contribute through their research, teaching, service, and/or lived experiences to the diversity and excellence of the academic community. The successful candidate will include a statement of interest demonstrating examples of ways they will incorporate our in their teaching and scholarly work through application, methodology, content, and/or inclusion of students from diverse backgrounds pursuing research/creative work.
At Arcadia University, our ABRI/JEDI principles are the foundation of our highly regarded, values-based learning community, which reflects the world in which we want to live. As such, Arcadia actively seeks and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds and abilities. Arcadia prohibits discrimination on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or expression, military or military veteran status, disability, medical or genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. All offers of employment are conditional based on the successful completion of a background check. Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background check.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Arcadia University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine by your employment start date. Arcadia will consider requests for exemptions from the vaccination policy due to medical conditions or religious belief. You will be required to provide proof of vaccination at the time of hire and/or on your first day of employment. Our vaccination protocols are subject to applicable laws and will be updated from time to time to reflect evolving conditions and federal, state, local, and other applicable health and safety guidelines.
450 S Easton RdGlenside, PA
BusinessView all jobs at Arcadia University