Administrative Assistant - Visual and Performing Arts and Media and Communications departments : AC1
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description: The Department of Visual and Performing Arts (including the Art and Design, Theater, Arcadia Exhibitions, and Music programs), and the Department of Media and Communication are seeking a part-time administrative assistant with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as experience in an office setting. The position is for 12 months, 20 hours/week, and in person. The scheduling of those hours is flexible.
- Reporting to the chairs and the program directors in the Visual and Performing Arts and Media and Communication Departments Supporting full-time faculty, part-time faculty, and staff members
- Addressing students' questions and directing students to resources
- Hiring, training, and supervising student workers
- Managing and creating departmental data sets Tracking expenses and reconciling charges for the department budget
- Collecting and scanning receipts and reconciling charges for departmental credit cards
- Ordering and monitoring receipt of departmental supplies
- Assisting the chairs and program directors when coordinating meetings and other department activities
- Other duties/projects on an as-needed basis
- Support the day-to-day needs of the departments and programs including correspondence, scanning, purchase requests, maintaining records, scheduling spaces, technology upkeep with IT, and building maintenance and repairs with Facilities.
- Monitor the budgets for the departments and programs, including tracking expenses and reconciling charges on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile monthly credit card expenses for the credit cards for the departments and programs. Hire, train, and manage student workers in the performance of various departmental and program-related tasks. Track and approve work hours.
- Assists with scheduling timing for departmental visitors, including guest lectures and life models for courses and candidates for position searches.
- Other duties in support of the mission of the Departments of Visual and Performing Arts and Media and Communication.
- High School diploma or GED Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2-4 years of professional administrative work experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Technical, Computer, and Software Skills:
- Ability to use Google Suite (Gmail, Google Drive), Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), and basic databases and software.
- Analytical Thinking:
- Ability to identify issues, obtain relevant information, relate and compare data from different sources, and identify alternative solutions.
- Critical Thinking:
- Interprets and seeks information, uses independent reasoning to diagnose the root cause of solutions or issues, identifies and tests solutions, and thinks beyond what is typical or customary.
- Uses information to determine benefits and impact in making decisions and/or recommendations.
- Project/Program/Service Management:
- Ability to coordinate and administer programs/project activities and protocols.
- Ability to manage resources, monitor activities, and assess risks and quality issues associated with the program/project.
- Written and Oral Communications:
- Ability to present information to individuals or groups; ability to deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely to groups or individuals either verbally or in writing to ensure that they understand the information and the message.
- Ability to listen and respond appropriately to others.
- Ability to impact and influence others to further the institution's strategic objectives.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and knowledge about diversity, equity, and inclusion and embrace opportunities for continued growth in cultural competence.
- Applications must be submitted online through Arcadia's Human Resources portal to receive full consideration. Please do not email application materials to the hiring manager. Due to the volume of applications received, communication will generally be limited to candidates selected for additional consideration.
- Application review will begin immediately. Posting will be removed from the website once we've established a sufficient talent pool for consideration.
Arcadia University is a top-ranked private University in Greater Philadelphia that provides an educational experience that is values-based; rooted in justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI); and places students at the center. The Institute of International Education has ranked Arcadia first nationally in study abroad for 10 of the last 12 years, and the Princeton Review has ranked Arcadia among the "Best in the Northeast" for seven consecutive years. The University's Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs are nationally ranked in their respective categories by U.S. News & World Report, which also ranks Arcadia among the top 25 percent in its category and cites Arcadia for being among the "most innovative" and "best value" colleges. Approximately 3,700 students study at Arcadia, with 2,300 undergraduate students choosing from more than 65 fields of study. Arcadia promises a distinctively global, integrative, and personal learning experience that prepares students to contribute and lead in a diverse and dynamic world. Through its community of practice, Arcadia has made facilitating a safe and welcoming environment a priority by developing and implementing anti-Black Racism Initiatives (ABRI) on campus and in its surrounding communities. Visit www.arcadia.edu.
Our belief and experience is that there is strength in diversity and we are committed to building a welcoming and inclusive environment for students and employees alike. We are a community built on varied experiences and perspectives that beneﬁts from open-minded discussion and cultural humility. Guided by our University's values, we are committed to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion, and we are working towards dismantling anti-Black racism/white supremacy and other forms of interpersonal and systemic discrimination and oppression.
We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community. The successful candidate will demonstrate examples of ways they will incorporate our values in their work.
At Arcadia University, our ABRI/JEDI principles are the foundation of our highly regarded, values-based learning community, which reflects the world in which we want to live. As such, Arcadia actively seeks and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds and abilities. Arcadia prohibits discrimination on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or expression, military or military veteran status, disability, medical or genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. All offers of employment are conditional based on the successful completion of a background check. Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background check.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Arcadia University requires all employees to be "up to date" with COVID-19 vaccines by your employment start date. This would include either:
- A full primary series of a FDA-approved vaccine and at least one booster vaccine.
- Or you received the full primary series of an FDA approved vaccine in the last 5 months and are therefore not eligible to receive a booster vaccine. After the 5 months conclude, you will need to receive a booster vaccine or will no longer be "up to date".
Arcadia will consider requests for exemptions from the vaccination policy due to medical conditions or religious belief. You will be required to provide proof of vaccination at the time of hire and/or on your first day of employment. Our vaccination protocols are subject to applicable laws and will be updated from time to time to reflect evolving conditions and federal, state, local, and other applicable health and safety guidelines.
BusinessView all jobs at Arcadia University