Currently, we are looking for a Senior Tax Accountant to join the ArcBest team. This position is responsible for providing compliance, research, and planning in the area of income taxes and unclaimed property for ArcBest and related companies. The Senior Tax Accountant must have communication skills to interact competently not only with Company personnel at various levels but also with outside contacts, such as, government officials, auditors, and tax professionals.
Your contribution may include:
- Prepare and review deferred income tax accounting in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare and review federal return work papers for all companies
- Prepare federal income tax return
- Prepare and review state income tax factors
- Prepare and Review annual reports and franchise tax returns
- Prepare, review and coordinate tax provision work papers
- Prepare and review state estimated tax payments
- Research state and federal tax requirements and issues
- Review work papers for Canadian and Puerto Rican returns
- Review transfer pricing study and documentation
- Coordinate and manage state and federal income tax audits
- Prepare and file unclaimed property returns
- Manage unclaimed property audits
- Prepare and review fixed asset reconciliations
- Due diligence on potential acquisitions
- Research technical income tax issues
- Interface with outside tax professionals regarding technical and planning issues
- Prepare research and development tax credit
As a Senior Tax Accountant, you will be a member of the ArcBest Taxation team in Fort Smith, AR. Your hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to5:00pm, with irregular hours that may occur depending on work load.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree Required, Field of Study: Accounting
- Master of Accounting or Masters of Taxation Preferred
- 4-8 years of experience in accounting, auditing, or tax
- Certified Public Accountant or Juris Doctorate with LLM Taxation
- Advance Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel. Ability to work with internally developed software and tax preparation software
Why Work Here?
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.