Live-In House Manager / Family Teaching Professional (Live-In position)
NEXT for NEIGHBORS is a program of The Arc Westchester, created by Community Living Opportunities (CLO) and NEXT for AUTISM.
NEXT for NEIGHBORS is a first-of-its-kind program in New York offering a unique approach to ensuring a life of dignity, choice and engagement for adults with autism and those with related developmental and intellectual disabilities. A community living model, NEXT for NEIGHBORS combines the warmth and consistency of a natural home setting with highly individualized, comprehensive professional services, delivered and overseen by live-in professional staff. These services are designed to empower and teach adults to live as independently as possible.
The Arc Westchester is a leading non-profit Social Services provider in Westchester County, New York. We are seeking a Family Teaching Professional to facilitate a high quality of life for persons served within The Arc Westchester, NEXT for NEIGHBORS residence.
This is a live-in position that includes excellent benefits:
- Housing is provided in a large and beautiful home in a great neighborhood with excellent schools
- Rent free
- Free utilities
- Use of company vehicle while working
- Competitive health benefits package
- Generous paid time off plan
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Earnings are free of State and Federal taxes
We are looking for a candidate that is energetic, hands on, organized, and creative to provide teaching and support to adults with autism and those with related developmental and intellectual disabilities who live in The Arc Westchester, NEXT for NEIGHBORS residence.
- Assist persons served to implement Life Plan and habilitation and related goals empowering their independence and exercising their rights by teaching various skills, utilizing The Arc Westchester’s adaptation of the Professional Family Teaching Model.
- Manage all services and activities.
- Supervise Community Living Support Professional staff.
- Responsible for teaching new skills to persons served within The Arc Westchester, NEXT for NEIGHBORS residence.
- Promote behaviors to maximize independence in activities of daily living.
- Develop schedules for high levels of participation/engagement.
- Ensure compliance with various state and federal regulations and with The Arc Westchester’s adaptation of the Professional Family Teaching Model.
- High School Diploma/GED is the minimum requirement. Associates Degree or Bachelor’s degree in a field of human services such as psychology, social work, applied behavioral analysis, sociology, or related field is preferred.
- A valid NYS Driver’s License for at least 2 years.
- At least 2 years experience working with children or adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities. One year of similar human services experience may be substituted, such as work in the fields of child welfare, mental health, or alcoholism/drug misuse.
- Professional Family Teaching Model Certification obtained through The Arc Westchester within 12 months of employment.
Job Type: Full-time