Office /Administrative Assistant
- Posted: November 17, 2022
Looking for an enthusiastic, detail orientated, and excellent Office Assistant to join our team!
Individual should care about the mission of supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and dedicated to providing top notch support to ensure that mission is met.
PURPOSE: This position is responsible for administrative support for the daily office operations of the ARC.
Qualifications for this Job:
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Business, or Related field.
- Bachelor's preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in Accounting, Accounts Payable/Receivable.
- Extensive knowledge and use of Excel and other database systems.
- Due to financial aspects of this position, a credit check may be required and must be deemed appropriate by the Director of Business Operations.
- Manual and machine math and computation skills
- Ability to operate personal computers effectively.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access, Publisher
- Must be able to read and write English and follow written instructions.
- May be required to work at any facility and to provide own transportation to and from facilities. May be required to provide own transportation to complete bookkeeping tasks.
Essential Requirements Necessary to Perform the Job:
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal or work at a desk for two hours at one sitting.
- Must be able to bend, twist, stoop and squat.
- Must be able to reach above, at or below shoulder height .
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so the requirements of the position can be fully met.
- Use stairs
- Interpersonal Requirements:
- Must be able to work cooperatively as part of a team and maintain a pleasant demeanor.
- Must be able to deal effectively with stress created by participants, staff, family members, multiple tasks, deadlines, noises and interruptions.
- Must be highly organized with an eye for detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- A high level of decision making skills is required in the execution of day to day activities.
Conditions to Which You May be Exposed:
- Exposure to latex, plastic and materials which are used for personal protective equipment.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals such as disinfectants, cleaners and soaps, etc.
- Exposure to unpredictable behavior of participants.
- Exposure to loud noises or unpleasant odors.
- Exposure to communicable diseases.
Essential Functions: The following are essential functions and duties, however specifics may differ at times or based on job description revision.
Work in a positive and cooperative manner with all agency staff and members of the public at all times. Communicate effectively. Come to work on time and stay the full shift every day.
Take and distribute messages (phone, email, fax, etc.) effectively and in a cooperative and confidential manner. Answer questions and direct to appropriate persons as needed.
Proven competency with the following software applications and related hardware interfaces: Word, Excel, PowerPoint Publisher, Access, Outlook, Quickbooks or other Accounting Software. Use of digital camera and photo manipulation
Provide typing, word processing support. Duplicate and distribute documents using conventional and electronic methods. Recommend and create new form layouts as needed. Implement and maintain online methods of recordkeeping.
Completion of assigned general ledger recordings in accordance with all agency, state, and federally accepted/required accounting processes
Assist in payroll processing by completing assigned bi-weekly procedures.
Complete and ensure all Accounts Payable Processes are completed atleast biweekly, including reviewing bills, cutting checks, ledge accounting, contacting vendors to reconcile problems and other related duties
Reconciling and processing of PEX Accounts, gas receipts, and other records for program expenses
Auditing and Reconciling individual cash bags.
Assist the Office Coordinator in accounts receivable processing as required
Assist and Maintain any business office files and records in accordance with ARC Policies
Contacting, facilitating, and scheduling of all Facilities work/maintenance as instructed by the Office Coordinator.
Assist in Bank Reconciliation duties and other financial administrative support as needed.
Assisting/Ordering Program Supplies as requested/directed by Office Coordinator
May be responsible for the production, and distribution of organizational marketing, fundraising, reports, and other printed/media for the Executive Director. Including, but not limited to: the newsletter, annual reports, annual fundraisers, email campaigns, brochures.
Complete organization mailings as required/needed
Assist in auditing of required DDS/CMS/Contractual documentation as instructed
Assist in coordination and preparation of meetings for the Executive Director and the Director of Business Operations as required.
Assist in all clerical/administrative needs of the Business Office, Office Coordinator, Director of Business Operations, and Executive Director.
Other administrative/clerical duties as required.
EMPLOYMENT AT WILL: Employment at the ARC is at will. This means that the employment relationship is terminable, with or without cause or notice, by either party for any reason or for no reason. No one associated with the ARC has the authority to make any promises contrary to this at-will definition
Arc of Greater New Haven, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?