Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Physician| Indian Health| Urgent
Arc Health/Pinnacle Emergency Medical Group Chinle, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Family Medicine or Internal Medicine physician to provide outpatient primary care at a comprehensive Indian Health Service facility in Chinle, AZ. This is a full-time, term-limited position.
Seeking a compassionate clinician who could start ASAP (within next 2-3 weeks).
Candidates must be able to commit at least 6 weeks and, ideally, will consider returning for future placements. The typical provider sees between 16 and 18 patients per day.
Location & Population:
Our partner is located on the Navajo Indian Reservation. They are a 60-bed hospital and healthcare hub for the region with over 37,000 active users. The medical staff includes Family Physicians, Internists, Pediatricians, General Surgeons, OB/GYN's, Anesthesiologists, and a Psychiatrist. Services include: routine outpatient and inpatient primary care, adult Intensive Care, General Surgery, routine and operative Obstetrics, and a 24-hour ER.
Strong Navajo cultural traditions exist within the community, offering an opportunity to learn the Navajo language, or to learn about traditional Navajo medicine.
The service unit is located on the Colorado Plateau and near Canyon de Chelly National Monument with excellent opportunities for photography and outdoor recreation.
- Diagnose and treat acute, episodic or chronic illnesses
- Perform comprehensive physical examinations for adults
- Participate in quality improvement/patient safety projects
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
Candidates must be:
- Committed to rural, Tribal, and underserved healthcare, and compassionate, mission-driven social medicine practitioners
- Board-certified in FM or IM; Candidates just graduating residency may be board-eligible only.
- Hold any active, unrestricted state license and a valid, unrestricted DEA with schedule I-V
- Not had a loss of licensure or suspended licensure, or lapse in practice >6 months leading up to assignment
- Competitive compensation rates
- Malpractice coverage
- Travel and housing included
Arc Health/Pinnacle Emergency Medical GroupWhy Work Here?
If you are committed to rural health equity and serving the underserved, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
Arc Health - and its subsidiary Pinnacle Emergency Medical Group - is the first mission-driven medical staffing company. We are actively seeking passionate and energetic clinicians to join our community.