ARBORWELL currently has a full-time experienced TREE CLIMBER position available for an individual with a strong work ethic who is able to work independently, enjoys learning new skills, and likes working outdoors. Start with a competitive salary and be offered numerous opportunities for growth! Pay is based on Experience.
Arborwell provides employees with equipment, comprehensive training, and the opportunity for advancement. We also provide some of the best benefits in the industry.
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation (up to 18 days per year -- that's almost a month!)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, EAP
- 401k with ESOP company match
The Tree Climber is a skilled position responsible for tree maintenance, pruning and removals on residential and commercial properties using ropes, harness, saddle, and/or bucket truck.
- Daily inspection of all personal climbing and safety equipment including ropes, saddle, PPE
- Perform pruning and tree removals in accordance with industry standards (ANSI A300& Z133.1)
- Assistance with lowering limbs, chipping brush and complete clean-up
- Operation and basic maintenance of chippers, chain saws, blowers, and various hand tools in accordance with the ANSI Z133.1 standards and company policy
- Communication with clients and fellow crew members
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Necessary skills and abilities
- Ability to work in a team environment where communication skills are essential
- Ability to perform strenuous manual work in all weather conditions
- Attention to detail is critical to maintain high quality of care
- Knowledge and execution of proper pruning per ISA standards
- Possess tree and plant identification skills
- Demonstrated climbing ability; Possess knowledge of climbing knots
- Moderate communication skills to participate in training programs & certification processes
- Must have a valid Driver License or the ability to obtain (Class C, A, B)
- CTW Certified Tree Care Worker Certification Highly Desired
- Must be able to demonstrate basic skills during interview process
- Legally authorized to work in the US
Arborwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, natural origin, veteran or disability status.
If you have the qualifications & experience required for this job we would love to hear from you!! If you have questions about the position you can reach our HR Department at (510) 606-1230 or you can apply on our website at www.arborwell.com . Please let us know you found the job on ZipRecruiter.