****This position is in San Diego, CA*****
Reports to: Regional Manager
Production Manager leads all crew members in enforcing safety, work quality, productivity, performance, setting up jobs sites, assessing safety conditions, proper use of equipment and communication with clients.
- Certified in safety, first aid and CPR;
- Completed TCIA electrical Hazards awareness program;
- ISA Certified Tree Worker completed or in progress;
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds;
- California driver’s license with clean DMV record;
- Class B or Class A license highly valued.
- Oversees the Foreman, Climbers, Groundsperson, and any laborer using Stump Grinders.
Functional Roles and Responsibilities
Member of the Planning Team
- Set up and direct a safe job site.
- Complete a final walk each day with the crew to report job status.
- Ensure all crew members are using PPE
- Schedule work on production calendar
Member of the Execution Team
- Communication with clients
- Review and complete necessary paperwork such as work orders and timecards on a timely basis.
- Fix small property damage created by our crew & report damage we can’t repair immediately.
Member of the Fleet Team
- Manage vehicle inspection reports daily.
- Manage equipment and inventory weekly.
- Report equipment repairs and needed inventory.
Member of the Risk Management Team
- Ensures all industry and safety standards are maintained.
- Enforce company rules and be the example.
Skills & Abilities
- Attention to detail is critical to maintain high quality of care.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge in personal gear use, tree climbing, aerial lift operation, intermediate arboricultural understanding, pruning, cabling and bracing.
- Knowledge of tree terminology & identification, pest & disease identification and planting & staking.
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper pruning (per ANSI A300), climbing skills & climbing knots (per ANSI Z133.1).
- Great communication skills in order to complete paperwork and communicate with clients.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish highly desirable.
Metrics for Achievement:
- By end of the first 30 days
- Able to effectively dispatch crews each morning and follow up with the stump grinding crews.
- Be able to assess inventory of small equipment and safety supplies.
- Fill out requisition & order supplies while being sensitive to budget constraints.
- Run weekly safety meetings.
- Work with crews directly on job sites to ensure efficiency.
- Able to operate the crane and log truck as needed onsite (preferred).
- Reports transfers of workers (Moving Jobsites) to other locations.
- By end of the first 60 days
- Be able to effectively navigate through Netsuite (i.e. find work orders,
- look at schedule, view work order profitability.
- Be able to estimate work from existing job sites.
- Be proficient at coordinating work efficiently at multiple job sites.
- Able to report, resolve, and organize equipment repair with Mechanic/Yard Manager.
- By end of the first 90 days
- Be able to schedule all work and print scheduled reports
- Be able to run operations for crews within area of responsibility.
- effectively: crews are performing work safely and efficiently (62% GM)
- Able to review daily timecard reports and work with Acct. Mgr. and payroll to correct errors as needed.