Field Service Technician
Arbor Material Handling is seeking qualified candidates for several Field Service Technician positions to cover the Central, Southern New Jersey and Delaware territories. In this position, you will be working on various types of forklifts on site at customer locations and must provide complete customer satisfaction in a polite and professional manner. The Road Service Technician is responsible for the inspection, analysis, maintenance and repair of all equipment at each account within the assigned geographic territory as contracted with Arbor Material Handling.
This position requires mechanical, hydraulic and electrical skills that are typically performed while working in the automotive industry, and computer skills necessary to report daily activities, work hours and communicate with management on the company-supplied computer. A company work van is provided for direct travel and return each day from the technician’s home to customer locations and occasionally to the Willow Grove, PA office. Specialty tools and uniforms are also provided.
Field Service Technician Responsibilities
· Repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications various models of forklifts using handtools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments
· Observes mechanical devices in operation; diagnoses and locates causes of problems
· Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
· Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections; determines appropriate replacement parts; orders parts
· Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments
· Repairs or replaces defective parts, both mechanical and electrical components as appropriate using handtools and power tools.
· Installs special functional and structural parts in devices, using handtools. Starts devices to test their performance. Lubricates and cleans parts.
· Performs scheduled maintenance to maintain proper working order as well as preventive maintenance to avoid potential operational issues
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Basic knowledge of automotive, mechanical, hydraulics and/or pneumatic systems
· Excellent Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting skills
· Computer skills with basic knowledge of using email (Outlook) and service reporting software
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to lift/move between 75-100 pounds
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to pass an in-house company certification exam
· Availability to work overtime and occasional on call shifts
· A professional demeanor
· Strong sense of urgency
· A superior level of customer service that promotes goodwill between the company, customer, and other Arbor Material Handling associates.
· High School Diploma or GED required. Technical School training/Certification in Automotive preferred but not required
· 3-5 years’ experience as an automotive mechanic with training in electronics, pneumatics, gas and electrical motor repair; Will also consider those with combination of Technical School training/Certification and 1-2 years’ experience
· Forklift maintenance experience is highly desired, but not required
· Some computer knowledge required; training on applications will be provided
· Clean driving record; MVR report will be required for employment
· Arbor Material Handling, Inc. is a drug-free workplace; employment is contingent on passing pre-employment drug screening performed at Arbor expense
· Experience-based starting wage
· Extensive training on Forklift Maintenance
· Career Advancement Opportunities
· Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision and Flexible Spending Plans
· 401k with company contribution
· Paid life insurance
· Paid sick/vacation days (accrued with tenure)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.