Elementary Resource Specialist Teacher (RST) - Immediate Opening
Ararat Charter School Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $51,935 to $80,995 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision
RESOURCE SPECIALIST TEACHER
Reports to: Title I & SPED Coordinator
Under the direction of the Special Education Coordinator, teach and instruct elementary school students who require remedial and specialized assistance in academic, social, and behavioral skill areas; plan, develop, organize, and assist in the operation of a comprehensive individualized educational program; assist instructional personnel responsible for students with unique needs in making appropriate adjustments to an educational program requiring an increased level of independence; perform other related functions as assigned. The Resource Specialist Teacher provides 1) support for the instructional program for students with special needs, 2) relevant information and consultant services to staff members and parents, 3) on-going student assessment and evaluation, 4) on-going planning with general education classroom teachers, and also promotes and supports the school Student Success Team. This individual’s values should align with Charter School’s mission and vision. For more information, please visit Ararat Charter School’s website @ www.araratcharterschool.com
- Develops educational plans for the purpose of meeting the individual needs of exceptional students.
- Maintains organized special education files that comply with special education requirements.
- Evaluates students for the purpose of identifying student needs.
- Collaborates with service providers and general education teachers for the purpose of ensuring efficient instruction and an effective cohesive program.
- Schedules services for students for the purpose of providing efficient and effective services for students.
- Teaches/instructs students for the purpose of ensuring successful progress towards students’ goals and objectives.
- Consults/collaborates with staff, parents, and agencies for the purpose of ensuring appropriate delivery of services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possesses a Baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited college or university.
- Possesses a current and valid California teaching credential authorizing service as a Special Education teacher at the level and/or specialization of the teaching assignment.
Ararat Charter SchoolWhy Work Here?
Great work environment - Promoting individual safety, growth, goal attainment, and school culture
A Public Elementary Charter School, serving TK through 5th grade students
6555 Sylmar Ave. Van NuysLos Angeles, CA
EducationView all jobs at Ararat Charter School