Mechanic / Service Technician
Aramsco Seattle, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
Mechanic / Service Technician
Aramsco, a family of companies, is a leading solutions provider to specialty contractors across North America, serving numerous end markets including abatement, restoration, environmental, emergency preparedness, cleaning and surface preparation. The company has more than 60 locations through which it distributes products, equipment and chemicals, and provides customers with other value-added services including equipment repair, equipment rental and education.
We are currently seeking a Mechanic/Service Technician with experience repairing commercial equipment, small engines, or vehicle repair. Our techs work on a variety of equipment in the commercial cleaning, restoration and surface-prep industries.
We provide industry training!
We offer excellent compensation plans that include hourly pay plus productivity bonuses!
Full benefit package!
Regular business hours: Monday thru Friday - 8am – 5pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Accurately and efficiently diagnose and repair all systems and components of equipment used in the commercial cleaning, restoration and surface-prep industries.
- Equipment includes, but is not limited to: Basic automotive experience, 2, 3 & 4 Cylinder Gas Engines, Truck Mounted Carpet Cleaning Units, Portable Carpet Extractors, Hard Surface Floor Cleaning Machines, Duct Cleaning Equipment, Deodorizing Equipment, Dehumidifiers, Air Scrubbers, Air Movers, Hepa Vacuums.
- Proper use of testing equipment, troubleshooting guides and manufacture’s repair manuals.
- Evaluate and communicate additional repair and service needs of equipment in the service department.
- Meet or exceed service department quality and productivity goals.
- Take instruction from supervisors and work well with other service department and store staff.
- Assist other technicians and store staff when needed.
- Proper use and maintenance of shop equipment and tools.
- Maintain clean, organized and safe work areas.
- Create service orders for equipment coming in for repair
- Work with customers to schedule service and repair appointments and maintain appointments in scheduling software.
- Communicate with customers in person, by phone and via email.
- Create bids for equipment repair and service
- Present estimates for repairs and service to customers
- Coordinate shop workload with other techs
- Order parts and coordinate with vendors
- Coordinate service work with other store employees
- Two or more years of experience preferred in any of the following: commercial cleaning and restoration equipment, small engine repair and maintenance, pressure washer repair and maintenance or vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Clean driving record -No DUIs or Careless/Reckless driving on MVR (3 years).
- Must have a valid driver license.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Own a basic set of mechanic’s tools.
- Possess a high level of technical skill, mechanical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Efficient and accurate equipment diagnosis and problem solving skills.
- Work safely at all times – use safety glasses, hearing protection and other safety protection.
- Ability to focus and complete quality work in a timely manner.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs. on a regular basis.
- Professional appearance and demeanor with good written, oral communication skills and basic computer skills.
- Occasional over time work is required.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish. –Bonus.
Benefits (fulltime employees):
- Health/Vision/Dental insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Life insurance is provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AutomotiveView all jobs at Aramsco