Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark Uniform Services (AUS) provides uniforms and related products to more than 400,000 customers nationwide, in virtually every industry. From designing and manufacturing to laundering and delivering, AUS works with local and national clients to create and maintain a total uniform solution that promotes teamwork and establishes a professional identity. AUS operates from over 200 locations nationwide and has an immediate opportunity for a Plant Maintenance Manager in Nashville, TN.
Primary responsibility is performing and/or overseeing maintenance on all plant machinery (compressed air system, heat reclaimer, boiler, HVAC, water softener, electrical systems etc). Manage a staff of maintenance mechanics. Utilize proper skilled techniques to assure the safe, efficient operation of all plant machinery. Responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of all necessary reports and paperwork. Document all work performed.
THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY CONTAIN SOME OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Recruit, select, hire, develop and educate Maintenance Technicians. Coach to improve performance. Hold technicians accountable for meeting goals established by the Market Center.
- Create time effective work schedules.
- Maintain / Repair or replace equipment when necessary and perform basic plumbing, mechanical, and electrical and building repair work when necessary.
- Order necessary parts, tools, equipment, etc. in a timely manner by following company policies.
- Maintain a complement of critical spares on the shelf for plant equipment and maintain parts inventory (quantity and value matches with the records).
- Perform root cause analysis for any abnormal conditions/ failures, take required corrective and preventive actions to prevent recurrence of such conditions
- Track utility consumption data, prepare reports and circulate it for management review, propose/ implement corrective actions or solutions to control these costs.
- Communicate and co-ordinate with the equipment suppliers to resolve plant equipment related issues
- Maintain satisfactory Market Center targets for cost controls and downtime.
- Create and implement preventive maintenance schedule in accordance with the equipment manufacturer's recommendation/ industry accepted best practices for all plant equipment.
- Support an environment of continuous improvement by making/implementing suggestions.
- Drive company Action Plans and hold the mechanics accountable for executing against those plans.
- Maintain close coordination with production department to resolve equipment breakdowns and other production related opportunities.
- Through implementation and execution of company safety initiatives, create an environment where safety is a primary concern. Maintain compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws and regulation that affect Market Center operations.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by management.
Two-year college degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of maintenance work experience.
- 2 years of prior management experience is preferred.