Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Coordinate, plan, participate, and supervise the production, preparation and presentation of food.
- Provide a safe, sanitary work environment, which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive quality products.
- Supervise and participate in the production, preparation, and presentation of all foods for unit as assigned by the Aramark Executive Chef to ensure that a consistent quality product is produced which conforms to all established standards.
- Interview, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, recommend discipline as appropriate, and perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Candidate will possess two to three years of post-high school education, preferably a culinary degree.
- Two to three year’s experience as a Sous Chef/Chef de Cuisine or related culinary position is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession is required; this includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or problems and excellent oral, reading and written communication skills.
- Candidate must be willing to be hands on with staff and operations and be willing to work event-based hours that include evenings and weekends.