Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity.
The Marketing Manager will support Aramark at the (university name). As a Marketing Manager working with the Higher Education Marketing team, you will partner in the development, implementation and evaluation of marketing programs and strategies. Specifically supporting business strategies and projects including but not limited to sales growth, market penetration, customer retention, quality, image, improved profit margins and improved market share. You will be responsible for supporting operations managers.
Main areas of focus for this position include:
- Marketing Research/Data collection
- Focus groups, surveying, campus mapping, trend development, Gen Y research, competitive pricing analysis, etc
- Development of new strategies and tactics for promoting existing or new locations, etc. to enhance sales and customer satisfaction
- Development and execution of annual meal plan campaigns, including oral and written presentations, to various target groups (e.g.; on-campus residents, commuters, faculty & staff, etc.)
- Special events, promotions, marketing collateral, media interaction, public relations, etc.
- Interaction with clients, university department heads, student organizations, community groups, etc.
- A BS degree in business or marketing is highly preferred
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in sales (e.g.; retail) and/or marketing program development.
- A proven ability to increase sales and measure the impact/ROI on implementation of programs
- A demonstrated ability to be proactive and assertive in identifying and capturing growth opportunities, as well as thinking creatively and strategically.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills including presentation, public speaking and client interaction skills
- Must be able to efficiently utilize social media and MS Office products to accomplish work tasks