Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
We Dream. We Do. We’re actively looking for new dreamers and doers to join our Accelerate to Leadership (A2L) Program. Our A2L program is an early career leadership development program that targets recent college graduates, offering career tracks that provide accelerated development, training, and on-the-job learning nationally across our 10 lines of business. Selected candidates will be placed into real leadership roles with Aramark while receiving structured program activities and developmental experiences tailored to their career track, such as financial ownership and people management.
For the thousands of students and recent grads that call Aramark home, we provide a place to grow, advance and touch lives across a variety of exciting industries and locations. Imagine your impact.
Food and Hospitality Management Career Track: As an A2L participant within this career track, you will start your career in a management role such as food service, concessions, catering, retail, hospitality, and more. In this career track, you will be focused on bringing customer food experiences to life with the ability to respond effectively to changing client demands. You will be responsible for coordinating and supervising unit personnel regarding production, merchandising, quality and cost control, labor scheduling, staffing, employee training and ensuring exceptional customer experiences. You will also perform other functions as required.
- Responsible for managing a significant portion of a unit operation
- Assisting the Food Service Director in establishing and maintaining systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing and serving of food and related products
- Menu planning and development
- Assist with unit forecast and unit accounting
- Ensures that requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels in respective areas are met
- Coordinates and supervises unit personnel regarding production, merchandising, quality and cost control as well as labor scheduling, staffing and employee training
- Conducts period inventory; performs other functions such as maintaining records to comply with Aramark, government and accrediting agency standards
- Bachelor's Degree required. (Must graduate between December 2019 – August 2020 to be eligible for the FY20 A2L Program)
There are two start dates for the 2020 Program: February 19, 2020 and July 16, 2020. All degree requirements must be completed prior to the start date of the program (including any final internship requirements).
- Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Leadership skills, inclusive of supervisory responsibilities, team lead in a club/organization, and/or project management.
- The ability to communicate in an appropriate, clear, and concise manner with customers, clients, employees and leadership.
- The ability to manage through change and ambiguity in a fast pace environment.
- Cost control, budget responsibilities or inventory management experience desired.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include nights, weekends or holidays according to business need.
- Ability / openness to relocation according to program / business need
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Aramark for this position now or in the future