Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist/Scientist
- Expired: March 06, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Aragen Bioscience is a leading contract research organization focused on accelerating product development. Aragen's offerings include antibody discovery, recombinant protein production, and purification, stable cell line development as well as cell-based assays and in vivo models of disease. We offer clients high-quality service and superior R&D partnerships.
The Bioanalytic Characterization group is a multi-disciplinary team that provides characterization support to projects for discovery using state of the art analytical methods and tools.
- Must have experience with Octet BLI platform assay design, execution, and analysis
- Evaluate and develop new binding assays in support of formulation, developability and comparability studies by Biacore-SPR (surface plasmon resonance) or Octet-BLI (bio-layer interferometry). Participate in the cross functional team discussions.
- Collaborate with teams to design, perform and continuously improve stress studies used to support early and late-stage programs.
- Collaborate with team members and other groups on the design and performance of structure/function studies
- Author technical reports, study protocols and manuscripts for publication; present at internal and external meetings and conferences.
- Operate and maintain SPR and other laboratory instruments.
- Characterize biotherapeutic molecular properties in various affinity and activity assays, like ELISA, SPR, Octet, FACS binding, epitope binning in support of antibody discovery campaigns and biologics profiling in early research phase.
- Employ automation or other advanced technologies to enable high throughput biologics screening and early biophysical characterization for lead generation.
- Work cross functionally to conduct phase appropriate biologic profiling using a range of analytical methods, such as ELISA, Octet, SPR, HPLC, CE-SDS and DSF, enabling program advancement from research to development by transferring molecular information and findings seamlessly.
- Ph.D., in Biochemistry, Biology, or a relevant scientific discipline with minimum of 0-2 years or a master's degree with a minimum of 4 years of industry experience, or a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 9-10 years of industry experience.
- Strong track record and in-depth knowledge of label-free binding technologies such as SPR or BLI for protein binding.
- Hands-on experience in SPR,Octet, of proteins and experience with one or more for the following: isoelectric focusing, glycan analysis, biophysical methods, or high throughput analytical platforms.
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
380 Woodview AvenueMorgan Hill, CA
ScienceView all jobs at Aragen
Get fresh Bioscience Research jobs daily straight to your inbox!