Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations relating to specific portion of the product for guidance of production workers. Plans detail operations from blueprints, engineering orders, change notices, and other engineering releases. Determines the need for tooling and makes recommendations for the design and planning of required tools. Prepares shop work orders for materials and product processing and coordinates with schedulers to ensure that items are being processed according to specifications and time requirements. Maintains progress reports, schedules, and other related records.
Converts/uses contractual documents, engineering drawings, technical manuals, Time compliance Technical Order, or other technical data to provide direction in work documents to accomplish aircraft production/maintenance/modification. Uses standardized processes to resolve errors with engineering and other technical data. Conducts concurrent review boards with Production, Quality, and Engineering to ensure work documents are technically accurate and clearly written for technician/mechanic execution. Conducts hangar floor checks for work document improvement opportunities. Initiates/ processes Planning Change Requests. Provides direction to liaison planners for incorporation of work document updates. Coordinates across functional organizations to clear document rejects. Participates in Integrated Product Team meetings to provide status of work packages.
- Minimum of 5 years aircraft maintenance and/or modification technical writing experience
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering documents and drawings
- Ability to plan sequence of work
- Proficient using MS Word and Excel
- Previous experience writing work instructions
- 4-years Systems Applications and Products (SAP) experience
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Bill Of Materials (MBOM) structure
- Experience using military technical manuals
- F-16( fighter experience preferred), C-130, C-5, and or P-3 experience
- Previous experience in technical writing
The Aquinas recruiting team of IT and engineering specialists fully understands our clients’ technology needs, and conducts a thorough technical evaluation of all of our candidates to identify those who excel.
We are a woman and minority firm headquartered in Connecticut with branch offices throughout the country. Aquinas has more than 20 years’ experience servicing defense, engineering, and technology clients.