Supply Chain Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Aquinas Consulting is currently looking to fill a Supply Chain Manager job in Bridgeport, CT. This DIRECT hire job is available with one of our key consumer products companies. In this role, you will manage a small team of individuals who primarily handle all of the supply chain with parts and pieces. You should have experience working in a manufacturing environment specifically with international vendors. You must have experience with forecasting and have managed people in the past.
Supply Chain Manager Job responsibilities:
- Forecasting review and recommendations
- Maintain active dialogue with Marketing & Sales to understand trends, events and provide assistance
- Align the forecast to the trends of the business
- Present at monthly S&OP meetings
- Assist in generating consensus forecast and input into MRP.
- Achievement of Customer Service Objectives – by Business Unit and by key Customer while managing inventory levels while mitigating unplanned costs
- Resolution of Back Orders and Minimization of future Back Orders to meet Company Goals
- Communication both internally and externally on inventory availability and special requests (ex. large order requests/bids)
- Management of dynamic safety stocks
- Maintenance of replenishment parameters (e.g. economic order values, order cycles, lead-times, min, max)
- Working with Sourcing to increase vendor reliability and flexibility while reducing lead times for supply
- Monitoring and reporting of Slow Moving/Obsolete List monthly
- Achievement of over-all inventory levels/DOH (Days On Hand) targets
- Work with entities to develop common Global Processes and coordination of planning and PO placement for common items
- Coordinate with other Unger entities for Inter-company purchases
- Identifying opportunities for postponing differentiation where available
- At least 5 years experience in Forecasting/Inventory Planning/Purchasing
- Strong background and work experience in consumer goods
- Facility with basic financial analysis
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, as well as being familiar with and able to adapt to ERP system requirements.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative work style.
- Excels at operating in a fast pace environment
- Undergraduate degree in subject involving use of math (ideally statistics) preferred.
If you are interested in this Supply Chain Manager job in Bridgeport, CT, please apply now to be connected with a member of our team.
Aquinas Consulting is a woman and minority owned company headquartered in Milford, CT that provides Engineering, Information Technology (IT), and Manufacturing staffing solutions throughout the US. We take pride in 20 years of service to our clients, our hiring managers, our consultants, and our local community. Aquinas Consulting is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and committed to considering all qualified applications without regard to race, genetic
information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. www.aquinasconsulting.com
BusinessView all jobs at Aquinas Consulting