Principal Integration Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Our Direct Client has a new Principal Integration Engineer job. As a Principal Engineer you will be leading Engineering of the Bulk Electric System Substations reinforcement and major Transmission projects. This position will also support development of proposals working with Business Development.
The Principal Engineer in Projects organization is a reference position with responsibilities over the engineers of the Units, responsible for design optimization, coordination with Process & Technology group on standards, interlocution with Transmission Planning and skilled support on the project development till it is closed out.
Position reports to the Integrated Director but will work day-to-day in cross functional project team and support project needs as dictated by the Managers and Director.
- Project engineering performance and overseeing including all phases such as: scoping and budgeting, conceptual engineering, contract management and design, engineering design, construction and closeout.
- Perform standard and complex engineering analyses, designs and calculations.
- Responsible for leading and creating new conceptual designs based on Clients Standards and overseeing the work of external detailed designer ensuring consistency among all the operating companies.
- Ensure all engineering designs implemented by the company meet applicable company, local, state, and national codes and standards.
- Utilize knowledge to influence and guide department engineers.
- Provide technical leadership in most complex projects that have a wide impact on the business.
- Mentor, develop and support team in technical skills.
- SME for team.
- Liaison/ direct contractors on company policy, standards and best practices.
- Work independently with little supervision
Skills and Requirements
- Theoretical Engineering knowledge - Substations Engineering Design strong experience required, Planning, Operations, Analytic, modeling & Calculation, understanding the business model; Global View of the Business (Values cross-functional collaboration, understands importance of growing knowledge and developing relationships and links across the organization)
- Practical engineering experience/application - Substations Engineering Design strong experience required, Planning and Operations, Construction, (e.g. field experience, standardization "Perform economic analyses of engineering alternatives, develop business cases and defend in front of stakeholders.")
- Engineering documentation – Ability to adequately document and interpret engineering documentation
- Ability to review and approve engineering work done by others to ensure compliance with company standards, specifications, and contract requirements
- Knowledge of Regulatory and Compliance Environment– Local, State and Federal Regulatory Standards and requirements
Functional/job/business specific Competencies
- Deep knowledge of the regulatory environment including relevant output and incentive mechanisms.
- Deep knowledge company, local, state, and national codes and standards.
- Deep knowledge in Substations design is a must.
- Deep knowledge in Distribution and Transmission Lines design.
- Deep knowledge of Construction for utility environments or large corporations.
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required
- Master’s Degree required
- +10 years minimum relevant experience
If you are interested in this Principal Integration Engineer job, please apply now to be connected with a member of our team.
Please note: Applying to this role is an agreement to have your information entered into our database and acknowledgement that a recruiter will reach out to you either by phone, email, and/or text message regarding this and similar job opportunities.
Aquinas Consulting is a woman and minority owned company headquartered in Milford, CT that provides Engineering, Information Technology (IT), and Manufacturing staffing solutions throughout the US. We take pride in 20 years of service to our clients, our hiring managers, our consultants, and our local community. Aquinas is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and committed to considering all qualified applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. www.aquinasconsulting.com
EngineeringView all jobs at Aquinas Consulting
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?