Functional Architect, Director
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Aquinas Consulting is currently looking to fill a Functional Architect, Director job supporting one of the biggest names in the Hospitality and Tourism industry. Our client is a leading global hospitality company with more than 6,500 locations across 127 countries and territories. They provide customers with hotel and lodging opportunities located in various major cities as well as in airports, casinos, beaches, ski resorts, golf resorts, and spa getaways. In this role, is accountable for establishing and maintaining the architecture materials, presentations, and communication plan that will be shared across Business, IT, Service Providers, and Partners stakeholders. The role will work across the architecture organization, business advisory group, and product teams to translate and document architecture artifacts in business terms. This role will be responsible for validating the relevance of the artifacts with the various stakeholder groups. This role will also lead and manage the daily stand-up sessions, manage EA backlog for transformation programs, develop bi-weekly architecture status reports.
Functional Architect Director Job responsibilities:
- Accountable for the development and management of functional use case diagrams, customer journeys, interaction models, domain and capability diagrams.
- Facilitates the socialization of business architecture artifacts across the organization to gain adoption.
- Develops frameworks to drive consistency in capturing and reporting on the evolution of the models.
- Organizes and makes accessible the library of Enterprise Architecture documentation across the organization.
- Develops approaches to ensure architectures are kept up date and reviewed on a quarterly basis
- Creates strategies to promote the integration of architecture assets into daily SDLC processes.
- Accountable for defining the Enterprise Architecture tooling required to support better decision making.
- Accountable for the development of bi-weekly Enterprise Architecture Status reports and organizational updates
- Coordinates and facilitates architecture education sessions
- Collaborates with Business Advisory Group and Transformation PMO to develop and submit Architecture content to support steering committee meetings.
- Builds a variety of media (presentations, wiki’s, videos, etc.) to support the broad communication of strategies, architectures, and technologies.
- Develops and communicates EA KPI’s to illustrate architecture contributions to velocity and quality.
- Five (5)+ years overall relevant experience producing business architecture documentation and presentations that include customer journeys, domain models, capability models, interaction diagrams.
- Three (3)+ years of experience translating technical solutions and ideas into business friendly presentations and artifacts.
- Experience facilitating daily stand-ups, working sessions, tracking accountabilities and delivery dates.
- Has strong organizational and process management skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills to communicate to peers, management, and business stakeholder
- Hands-On experience accomplishing results through others, particularly by establishing relationships, effective controls and monitoring processes
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
- Plans and supports the development of others’ skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively; provides high visibility to individuals with potential; offers challenging assignments that build confidence and credibility and provides such individuals with a personal vision for their future.
- Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Technical Intelligence:at could affect the future growth and survival of the business.
- knowledge of the Life Cycle of technologies and how applications, infrastructure, and processes relate to these timelines.
- knowledge of development methodologies as well as new/upcoming development methodologies.
- knowledge of the security considerations relevant within the development space, including industry best practices related to information security
TechnologyView all jobs at Aquinas Consulting