Director,IT Business Resiliency and Recovery
Overall accountability for this Fortune500 Financial Services Firm’s Business Resiliency and Recovery Program andPlans for IT systems.
Manage the development andimplementation of the policies and procedures for disaster recovery plans,application recovery plans and technical recovery plans.
Partner with 3rd party vendors todeliver, manage & coordinate testing plans with various operational andsupport groups within IT. This is a Full-time, Exempt role.
- Develops policies, procedures, testing plans and guidelines for information systems contingency plans. Includes mobilization and damage recovery assessment for information systems-related operations. Responsible for identifying and coordinating disaster recovery policies and procedures;
- Develops comprehensive Business Impact Analysis (BIA) plans to ensure the continuity of critical business functions and minimize information loss in the event of a disaster (e.g., fire, flood, hurricane, earthquake).
- Institutes ongoing loss-reduction mechanisms to lessen exposure to disaster risks; conducts tests to ensure that recovery procedures and strategies are sound and effective.
- Responsible for planning, development, evaluation, maintenance, coordination and testing of the business resiliency plans (DRPs and BIAs), policies and procedures.
- Program manage the overall Disaster Recovery Plan implementation inclusive of infrastructure, application and process components.
- Provide strategic direction for Disaster Recovery Plan including (but not limited to) site failover, application level failover, data center strategy, & cloud initiatives.
- Lead the ongoing operational run of the Disaster Recovery plan to include integration of incident, change and problem management.
- Orchestrate the execution of the disaster recovery plan(s) when a business or IT disruption occurs, and a disaster is declared.
- Oversee the development, maintenance, and communication of business resiliency documentation, policies, and procedures.
- Communicate business resiliency plans, policies and technology trends throughout the organization, including management groups and professional staff.
- Partner with Business Continuity Director to coordinate Business Recovery Plans with the IT Disaster Recovery exercise.
- Assume operations leadership responsibility for data center disaster recovery, with a major focus on ensuring the adequacy of end-state production recovery environments.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with increasing responsibilities for management and support of business resiliency programs.
- Position requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience.
- Certification in business continuity planning is strongly preferred. Experience should include exposure to both shared and outsourced resiliency solutions in a multi-site environment.
- Knowledge and extensive working experience in the development of Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP) and BIAs from both a technology and business perspective – has implemented plans and has experience in testing and execution.
- Advanced problem-solving skills including working collaboratively with peer technical and business teams to analyze business requirements and develop DRPs to meet the business needs.
- Advanced understanding of business functions; including criticality, uptime requirements, and costs associated with outages.