- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Aquinas Consulting has an immediate need at a key client located in the Brewster, NY area for an experienced Automation Engineer. This essential role will be responsible for streamlining and standardizing Automation controls throughout the company as well as troubleshooting problem areas and upgrading existing controls. The right candidate will have strong experience programming PLCs, generating user manuals/documentation and dealing with high volume industrial automation.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Create PLC control programs from scratch or upgrade existing PLCs.
- Design engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks.
- Analyze existing development or manufacturing procedures and suggest improvements.
- Implement or test design solutions.
- Upgrade the design of existing devices by adding mechatronic elements.
- Standardize existing systems.
- Maintain, modify, upgrade and repair the existing SCADA systems, PLC control systems and instrumentation
- Install, program, calibrate analytical instrumentation, scales, VFD's and/or PLC's
- Troubleshoot industrial plant automation equipment networks, sensors, and control
- Design wiring, troubleshoot control circuits from 5 VDC to 120VAC
- Provide In-house technical support of PLC based control systems
- Develop electrical hardware design and functionality of control systems
- Develop and design safe and intuitive HMI and PLC controls
- Perform all aspects of start-up and commissioning of the control system
- Ensures all changes and modifications are properly documented
- BS in Electrical Engineering or other engineering field PLUS:
- 5-7+ Years of experience programming and working with Industrial Automation
- Strong experience with PLC design, HMI design
- Ability to communicate clearly to all levels of the company
- Strong documentation and technical writing ability
- Willingness to travel regionally to productions sites
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment
- Self-motivated to seek out problems and create solutions with little supervision
If you are interested in this Automation Engineer Job in Brewster, NY , please apply now to be connected with a member of our team.
Please note: Applying to this role is an agreement to have your information entered into our database and acknowledgement that a recruiter will reach out to you either by phone, email, and/or text message regarding this and similar job opportunities.
Aquinas Consulting is a woman and minority owned company headquartered in Milford, CT that provides Engineering, Information Technology (IT), and Manufacturing staffing solutions throughout the US. We take pride in 20 years of service to our clients, our hiring managers, our consultants, and our local community. Aquinas is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and committed to considering all qualified applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. www.aquinasconsulting.com
ManufacturingView all jobs at Aquinas Consulting
Get fresh Test Automation Consultant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.