Aerospace Test Technician
Aquinas Consulting Park City, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We have an immediate need for an Aerospace Test Technician for the Engineering Development/Qualification Test Team at one of our clients located in the greater Salt Lake City, UT area.
The candidate will work with the Test Engineering group to run advanced aerospace testing using test stands and equipment.
· Conduct testing of aircraft gear boxes and/or actuators per documented engineering test procedures. Accurately record test events and results in test logs. Do an initial assessment of test results for pass/fail using criteria established in engineering test procedures and aerospace best practices.
· Assist in developing and assembling complex test rigs, which may include: mechanical assembly of rig structural parts; running cabling thru conduit and terminating cables at each end; bending and installation of hydraulic or fluid tubes; installation of components in computer racks, electrical racks, or enclosures; installation of motors, water brakes, pumps, or other components on the rig.
· Assist in rig trouble shooting and repair, which may include: use of electrical multi-meters, oscilloscopes, or other electrical tools; disassembly and repair of water brakes; repair or replacement of leaking fluid fittings.
· Assist creating test cases and detailed test procedures, documentation of the test cases and operation of equipment to execute the test cases for validation
- High school degree or GED required.
- Associates degree in Instrumentation or Industrial Automation or similar program is preferred
- Aptitude for working with tools and hydro/mechanical systems
- Five plus years of testing experience
- Have understanding of hose, tubing, pipe and fitting sizes used in aerospace industry
- Have some understanding of aerospace type hydraulic, lubrication, water and pneumatic systems
- Experience with electronic tools such as wire strippers, heat guns, soldering irons and basic tools
- Ability to coordinate with other departments as needed to minimize interruption to production
- Experience with use of hand and power tools, meters, gauges, measuring devices, etc.
- Aptitude for debugging and troubleshooting system issues
- Electronic schematic creation and reading
- System installation from layout of components and conduit to ability to wire and label system
- Skilled with soldering techniques
- Knowledge of electronic circuitry and components (Signal conditioners, Relays, Etc.)
- Basic electronic testing using Digital Volt/Ohm Meters, Digital Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, etc.
- Knowledge of safety guidelines related to test stand design and operation
- Technical report writing
- Skilled with computers, Windows and Microsoft Office
- Labview knowledge is highly desired
- Ability to work non-standard shifts (2nd, 3rd, or weekends) as program needs dictate required
The Aquinas recruiting team of IT and engineering specialists fully understands our clients’ technology needs, and conducts a thorough technical evaluation of all of our candidates to identify those who excel.
We are a woman and minority firm headquartered in Connecticut with branch offices throughout the country. Aquinas has more than 20 years’ experience servicing defense, engineering, and technology clients.
Aquinas ConsultingWhy Work Here?
Great culture, and a wide range of opportunities to support any career path
Aquinas Consulting, LLC is a specialty staffing firm that provides flexible IT and engineering staffing solutions. We assist customers by identifying individuals with hard-to-find technical skills, evaluating these skills, and then presenting these individuals for hire on a permanent or contract basis. The Aquinas recruiting team of IT and engineering specialists fully understands our clients’ technology needs, and conducts a thorough technical evaluation of all of our candidates to identify those who excel. We are a woman and minority firm headquartered in Connecticut with branch offices throughout the country. Aquinas has more than 20 years’ experience servicing defense, engineering, and technology clients.
500 Main St.Park City, UT