Coordinator of Graduation & Information Release
- Expired: March 17, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Aquinas College is accepting applications for the position of Coordinator of Graduation & Information Release.
SUMMARY AND PURPOSE:
This position assists the Registrar in overseeing the graduation process, including updating Colleague processes related to graduation as well as communicating regarding these processes to faculty, students, and staff as needed. This position verifies distributes the academic histories of Aquinas students through the National Student Clearinghouse and assists students in understanding their remaining course requirements for a degree from Aquinas College.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Organizes and administers the graduation audit process.
- Updates Colleague processes related to graduation and communicates regarding these
- processes to faculty, students, and staff as needed.
- Communicates to students their acceptance or rejection to a graduation list and advises
- students in developing a plan to complete requirements to successfully graduate from
- Aquinas College.
- Works with Alumni Office regarding student histories and adding them as alumni upon
- Serves as Registrar's Office representative on the Commencement Committee. Assists
- the committee in organizing a successful commencement ceremony including the timely
- communication of commencement details.
- Works with past Aquinas students looking to complete their degree requirements after a
- number of years away from the college, either by attending AQ or by taking courses
- Evaluates transfer credit requests, demonstrates knowledge of course equivalencies for
- evaluation of transfer credit and works with students planning to complete degree
- requirements either on or off campus.
- Maintains AQ equivalencies on the Michigan Transfer Network. Performs biannual
- updates to the network to provide accurate information for both transfer and Aquinas
- Maintains a system of verification of attendance and degrees within FERPA guidelines
- through the National Student Clearinghouse, including regular upload of degree
- information pertaining to Aquinas students and graduates.
- Assists students with degree verification and anticipated completion documentation.
- Coordinates the evaluation of and input of AP (Advanced Placement), IB (International
- Baccalaureate), CLEP (College Level Examination Program), and other Non-Course
- Assists in advising students during STAR and transfer advising sessions and during peak times in the Registrar/Advising Center.
- Participates in professional development activities and serves on College committees that support the goals and objectives of the College.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in business, education, or related field.
- Must have experience working in a Registrar's office.
- Must demonstrate excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Colleague software or other student information system preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with diverse populations.
- Must be able to lead students and faculty via coaching, training and mentoring.
- Must demonstrate commitment to the College's mission.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
If you require accessibility assistance or accommodation for a disability when applying for open positions, please call us at 616-632-2918.
Aquinas College, located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic Dominican tradition, provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizing career preparation focused on leadership, service to others, and a lifelong passion for learning. Aquinas offers an inclusive and welcoming environment. Aquinas College is committed to recruiting talented and diverse faculty and staff who are capable of exposing its students to a wide range of cultures and perspectives and whose presence on the campus will enhance the diversity of the community in which the College resides.
Aquinas College offers an excellent benefits package that includes affordable medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacation each year, 16 paid holidays, paid sick time and short-term disability, and college-paid life and AD&D insurance. Additionally, Aquinas employees and their dependents are eligible for free tuition at Aquinas after one year of full-time employment.
Aquinas College has a long-standing commitment to equal opportunity and a work environment which is free of unlawful harassment or discrimination. Aquinas College provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran or active duty military status, familial status, height, weight, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
AddressGrand Rapids, MI
Get fresh Graduate Assistantship jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.