IT Business Analyst
- Posted: 3 days ago
Who We Are
Emphasys Software is the largest full-service provider to serve the public housing, housing finance, and redevelopment marketplace. Across our five divisions, we provide software that modernizes and streamlines complex processes for housing authorities, agencies, lenders, and governments in almost every state. Through our products and services, we help house roughly half of the families most in need within the United States.
Who we need & what’s in it for you:
Emphasys Housing Finance Agency (HFA) division provides products that support multi-family housing, single family loan portfolio management, and financial solutions.
As a Business Analyst with Emphasys HFA, you will help us transform our data into actionable insights to support growth-minded business decisions. You will also establish a framework and knowledge base to demonstrate how our industry-leading products meet customer needs.
Influence and impact. You want to channel your relationship-building, solution-oriented thinking, and technical knowledge to elevate products that will help millions of Americans access the housing services they need.
Professional development. You want to be mentored and supported as you take on the role of a subject matter expert, customer champion, and technical analyst, leveraging data to create solutions for our organization and our customers.
Security. As we enter economic uncertainty, we know it can be hard to consider a career move, but at Emphasys and Aquila, we want you to know that we are stable with expert leaders at the helm and committed to the people who join us.
What you will focus on:
- Building insights. You will:
- Collect and transform new and existing data to create a knowledge base that demonstrates how Emphasys software products work and benefit our target audience.
- Aggregate, digest and analyze internal business metrics, including financial, quality and productivity measures.
- Conduct analysis to create a big-picture view and generate actionable insights.
- Share data-supported insights with business leaders, provide feedback to enhance operations and features, and identify the strengths and weaknesses of the finished product.
- Be the voice of the customer. You will:
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers, acting as translator and champion.
- Design and deliver documentation, including functional requirements, Business Requirements Documents, Use Cases, GUI, Screen, and Interface designs.
- Stay up to date. You will:
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of our solutions and services.
- Keep abreast of federal, state, and local regulations related to HUD programs that could impact our products and clients.
What you bring:
- Education. You have a Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or Technology field and familiarity with both business practices and software engineering.
- Knowledge and drive. You enjoy working on big-picture data transformation, framework building, customer needs analysis, and feature development planning. You have experience eliciting and writing technical requirements to guide the work of a software engineering team. You have experience balancing multiple concurrent projects and completing deliverables on time.
- Technical expertise. You have:
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Comfort working in SQL.
- Skills to develop BI dashboards.
- An ability to design, deliver, and interpret diagrams, data models and documentation.
- Ownership. You work with a sense of urgency and hold yourself accountable for exceeding expectations and meeting deadlines. You continuously seek new information and learning opportunities, staying at the forefront of best practices in the industry.
- Interpersonal skills. You have a deep appreciation for diverse opinions and approaches. You have flexible and effective communication skills. You can:
- Explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Express patience and empathy with customers.
- Build impactful working relationships within and across teams.
Emphasys Software has been a part of Aquila, a subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., since 2008. Responsive to the needs of multiple markets, and acting as a thought partner to ensure success, Aquila invests in category-defining B2B/B2G software companies globally. We are a well-managed, profitable company that operates like a startup with the financial backing of a larger organization.
Emphasys brings together bright, talented people who aspire to excellence and share a commitment to upholding our mission: To be a company of outstanding people delivering vertical market software solutions through long-term partnerships with clients.
Our entrepreneurial culture, lean environment, and people come together to form a dynamic organization where purpose drives our growth. With the autonomy to be creative and curious, we collaborate and iterate to achieve real impact in the communities we support.
We encourage and appreciate candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. If you have 70% of the qualifications we seek and want to play an integral role in our success, express your interest HERE.
Emphasys Software promotes equal employment opportunities for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, marital status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and accommodations are available on request.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?