Aquent's well known and well-regarded Fortune 500 retail client is looking for a Visual/Web Designer to join the team as a contractor. This position is slated for 3-6 months and has the strong potential to extend if things are going well.
Must be onsite, in a trendy and modern office in River North neighborhood.
More about the client:
They are a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, paired with a strong history and experience of a retail legacy. They have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. They welcome candidates who have adaptability, curiosity, and passion to contribute to their unparalleled shopping experience! They are a passionate, creative, data-driven group that enjoy marrying great design and compelling ideas into marketing and advertising that gets people excited about their Brand.
Ideal candidate can combine passion for UX/UI design with brand design, and will manage all phases of the web design process to provide a seamless user experience that delivers on customer needs and business goals.
Ideal candidate will possess multi-faceted web design experience as well as a client-first focused attitude. As well, must have a positive, can-do attitude and expert web design skills will help elevate the brand while providing our audiences with multiple ways to engage and interact with the brand.
Specific responsibilities include:
● Design original web layouts from concept to completion while working within the parameters of the brand guidelines, creative briefs, and project objectives
● Exhibit diversity and range within your design skill set to complete various projects including company website, blog, campaign-focused landing pages, email, and more
● Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps to communicate interaction and design ideas
● Continually iterate, test, improve, and optimize TrunkClub.com in order to influence prospective and current customers to take desired actions
● Communicate design strategy and rationale to our team members and other key stakeholders
● Actively contribute to creative input sessions, brainstorming sessions, regular status updates, internal meetings and client meetings
● Collaborate with creative director, team members and project managers to ensure projects and deliverables align with overall campaign concept direction and promote a seamless consumer brand experience across all touchpoints
● Work cross-functionally to participate in all stages of design process, communicate timelines and status, and deliver materials that meet the needs of specific assignments
● Regularly communicate with developers to ensure designs translate accurately in final format
● Bachelor's Degree in Design, Human-Computer interaction (HCI), or related fields
● Possess an online portfolio demonstrating effective user-centered design solutions with measurable results
● Solid experience in creating conceptual designs, wireframes and storyboards
● Excellent understanding of conversion design, interactive design, information architecture, usability and responsive web design principles
● Expertise with the Adobe Creative Suite and/or other visual design and wireframing tools; working knowledge of HTML5/CSS3 a plus
● Strong brand design background including 4+ years of web design experience (helpful if experience with E-Commerce, Retail, Large Brand Retail, Fashion, Styling)
● Mobile first & responsive site design experience
● A keen eye for branding, typography and layout hierarchy
● Ability to seek inspiration for designs independently or collaboratively within team environment
● Demonstrates collaborative and professional work ethic with the ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
● Openness to receiving design direction and feedback
● Self-directed, motivated, organized, flexible, and accountable, effective written and verbal communication skills