Our Fortune 10 client is searching for a UI/Visual Designer to join the Digital User Experience team, primarily on-site, for a 40 hour/week assignment with a strong chance to turn perm in the future.
This position is responsible for delivering the visual design and graphic assets within the user experience group.
- You have a deep understanding of how a large-scale web site’s presentation layer is coded as it relates to the visual design, and how to apply best practices for CSS and graphic optimization.
- You will work side by side with a best of breed frontend development and UX team. Your focus will be to provide all necessary visual assets, and supply recommendations for best practices.
- The right incumbent will have great design chops and great familiarity and expertise in creating graphics for web. You Firebug sites in your sleep.
- You should be a great collaborator, highly organized, quick to grasp project needs, self-motivated and self-managed.
- The ability to flex and adjust to changing timelines (or push back where warranted) and manage multiple tasks and projects at once is crucial. Although, you will work under the direction of a UX director, the ability to self-start and curiously examine issues is a huge plus.
- Minimum of three years experience in related field
- Ability to collaborate with developers, managers and strategists
- Ability to quickly discern the make-up of the HTML on any given site page
- Deep knowledge of site presentation layer best practices for mobile first and responsive web initiatives
- Hands on experience with Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite