We're looking for a Product Designer for our client in downtown Chicago. Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, no overtime anticipated
Typical Task Breakdown/Rhythm:
• Own iOS and Android design features and projects from idea to launch and then through subsequent iteration with minimal guidance.
• Work closely with teammates from many disciplines (from product management to engineering to analytics) to define problem spaces, design solutions, and help drive design strategy.
• Develop ideas and concepts quickly and at low-fidelity, and collaboratively develop unexpected and stupendous designs that can be built.
• Create compelling screen designs using Sketch, prototype ideas in tools like InVision, and build beautiful transitions and animations in tools like Framer.
• Execute on visual and interaction designs that scales across devices and OSs’.
• Mentor and guide other designers as they progress in their careers and craft.
Years of Experience:
• You have 5+ years of experience designing products at a consumer-facing product company with significant focus on creating mobile experiences.
• You have a deep understanding of design processes and methods developed through experience and you balance fidelity with agility based on the task at hand.
• Your analytical thinking is rigorous and communication is precise, and it shows instantly.
• You're interested in exploring and experimenting without attachment.
• You can make decisions and rally various types of people around them.
• You can spend long stretches with your sleeves rolled up in execution mode, and your Sketch files show your ability to organize your designs precisely and in a way that’s optimized for communicating the right things with the engineering team.
• You have a knack for understanding people and how they like to do things, and can combine that with testing and data to make sound design decisions.
• You know when to involve others and escalate issues.
• Your portfolio shows your range of skills: UX, research, visual design, UI, storytelling, persona creation, and design process.
Being technically fluent is very helpful (but not required) — especially if you're able to leverage that expertise to build prototypes that convey your creative vision.
Degrees or Certifications: Bachelor’s is preferred
Please include your portfolio/website, work samples, Dribble, GitHub, etc. in your application. Applicants who do not include these examples in their application will not be considered.
Best vs. Average:
• You’ve worked closely with software engineers and know how to successfully collaborate using tools like Jira.
• Being technically fluent.
• Experience designing financial and/or social apps
• Experience with or an understanding of financial systems
- Top 3 must-have hard skills - You have 5+ years of experience designing products at a consumer-facing product company with significant focus on creating mobile experiences.
- Level of experience with each - 2+ years Native Mobile experience, being able to design for iOS and Android.
- 2 + years Proficiency in Sketch and Invision software.