Aquent's recognized and well-regarded Fortune 500 retail client is looking for a Graphic Designer to join the team as a contractor. This position is slated for 3-6 months and has the strong potential to extend if things are going well.
Must be onsite, in a trendy and modern office in River North neighborhood.
More about the client:
They are a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, paired with a strong history and experience of a retail legacy. They have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. They welcome candidates who have adaptability, curiosity, and passion to contribute to thier unparalleled shopping experience! They are a passionate, creative, data-driven group that enjoy marrying great design and compelling ideas into marketing and advertising that gets people excited about their Brand.
About the role
The company's in-house agency is looking for a talented, creative and visionary Graphic Designer to bring concepts to life as a visual storyteller. This creative department designs and creates various
types of deliverables in a collaborative, engaged team environment. Our audiences span from internal to external, consumers to customers, influencers to media and our work is as diverse as the audiences we serve.
Do you think you have what it takes to make the ordinary extraordinary while enhancing our fun, vibrant team culture?
The successful candidate will possess multi-faceted design experience. Working under the supervision of the Creative Director and/or Art Director, he/she will play an active role in partnering with other
designers to translate concepts into compelling visual stories. Your positive, can-do attitude and expert design skills help us elevate the brand while providing our audiences with multiple ways to
engage and interact with our services.
Please note: All submissions for this position must include online portfolio showcasing past work
What you’ll do
● Day-to-day delivery of stellar designs that exhibit creative abilities, understanding of design fundamentals for digital and traditional deliverables with passion for going above and beyond to
exceed our clients’ expectations
● Actively contributes in creative input sessions, brainstorming sessions, regular status updates and contributes to all internal meetings and client meetings
● Understands & contributes to the look and feel established for a concept and can extend the brand identity system to support the direction. Areas of work may include, but not limited to:
print & digital production, deck/presentation development, style-guide development, image search, concept research, image retouching, video concepting, photo shoot shot list
● Familiarity with print production process including prepress, prep and prepare files for print and building final files for output.
● Familiarity with digital production process
● Ability to articulate creative solutions and rationale to other team members
● Ability to complete project tasks in accordance with project schedules (good time management skills)
● Collaborates across the team. Supports team by pitching in at all levels.
● Can perform Quality Control/proofing exercises on one’s own work prior to releasing them
More about the team
● Transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
● Agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
● Pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
● Print/Creative portfolio required
● Bachelor's degree (BA/BFA) from a four-year accredited college or university in Fine Arts, Graphic Design/Visual Communications
● 3-5 years of digital and traditional design experience of in-house or agency environment
● Understanding, working knowledge of branding, typography and conceptual thinking abilities
● Understanding of digital and print production, video, is a plus
● Understanding and working knowledge of branding, and typography
● Understanding of digital and print production
● A keen eye for typography and layout hierarchy to develop fresh and innovative designs
● Proficient knowledge of Adobe Software: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Premier, After-effects, and illustrations skills, a plus
● Working knowledge in Sketch and InVision, a plus.
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Keynote
● Effective written and verbal communication skills
● Demonstrates collaborative and professional work ethic with the ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
● Self-directed, motivated, organized, flexible, and accountable
● Excellent work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude to succeed in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to seek inspiration for designs independently or collaboratively within team environment, as well as openness to receiving design direction and feedback