We are seeking a Freelance Art Director for a three-month project with the potential of extension
Our company values the voice of the youth, which is why it is powered by creative self-expression through outlets such as action sports, music, and street culture, to name a few. In this role, you will develop and apply the marketing strategy. It is your responsibility to help formulate concepts, execute and design against them for ad campaigns in print, film, outdoor and social. To deliver high quality performance, intimate working knowledge of the brand and market(s) is expected. You will bring expertise in graphic design skill sets such as creating visual concepts and storytelling, using computer software or by hand, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and engage with our consumers. You will be instrumental in developing aesthetics for categories and branding for events globally. On a regular basis, you will work with your counterparts in Environmental Design and Product, translating the approved concepts to retail and packaging.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. You will create a seasonal product story and develop an ongoing, multi-season campaign.
2. Have the opportunity to work with Integrated team to develop creative concepts and executions
of assigned product(s).
3. You will Assist with photo shoots, both location and table top, including prep, styling, and editing.
4. In this role you will build relationships with marketing counterparts, review and develop creative
briefs to assure alignment.
5. Presents design concepts to senior leadership in Creative and Marketing determining the scope of
projects and delivering the desired storytelling.
6. Oversees studio to iterate approved concepts.
7. Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our
global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view.
8. You will keep up-to-date with current advertising and industry trends and technology.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 4+ years Educational/ Position Requirements:
• A minimum of an associate degree in advertising, communication design, or visual arts. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• If no degree is possessed, then 4+ years of related experience in agency setting or design department is required.
• You will bring exceptional working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Ability to combine art and technology to communicate ideas through images and the layout of
websites and printed pages.
• Deep knowledge of graphic design and typography
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
• Travel by air and overnight, as required 10-15% amount of time