The Art Director will be a leader, problem solver and conceptual thinker. She/he is responsible for managing a small to mid-size team responsible for the day-to-day updates and seasonal campaigns on companies site. She/he directs the implementation of the design strategy under the guidance of senior creative management by translating marketing goals and consumer insights into creative concepts; keeping up-to-date on industry trends, best practices, and the competitive landscape; collaborating with cross-functional partners (for example, Producers, Marketing, Site, agencies) to influence the development of creative strategies; understanding the capabilities of company technologies (for example, platform, marketing, mobile, social); recommending new technologies to support digital marketing programs; and partnering with other art directors and management to help identify opportunities for new functional systems and processes.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training, mentoring, assigning duties, providing recognition and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity; utilizing and supporting Open Door Policy; and implementing action plans.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Hands-on design of graphic solutions (for example, digital) for Walmart projects
- Provides supervision, collaborative opportunities and development opportunities for associates including designers, junior designers and production artists
- Supports and maintains the strategic alignment of design programs and assets under the guidance of senior Creative management
- Ability juggle multiple projects and multiple timelines
- Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member
- Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment
- Execution and Results: Manage Execution and Results
- Planning and Improvement: Plan and Pursue Team-Based Improvement
- Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment
- Ethics and Compliance: Manage Ethics and Compliance
- Adaptability: Quickly Adapt
- Bachelors degree in Design, Advertising, Fine Arts, or related field and 8 years experience in interactive design or related field including 2 years experience managing design team.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 8 years experience working in design (including 3 years of web design) and advanced knowledge of design software (Adobe Creative Suite)
- 2 years experience managing small- to mid-scale interactive campaigns in an online creative or related digital field
- 1 year experience working for or with creative agencies
- 2 years experience developing design concepts in a retail or marketing environment