Manager on Duty - Youth Sports
Aquatics Management Inc. Canonsburg, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About this Position: Hiring an entry-level to mid-level Manager to grow the business profitably at the store level as well as effectively hire, coach, mentor and motivate a team. We are a franchise dedicated to teaching children through sport and play. This is a full-time position with benefits and plenty of growth opportunity in an extremely fun and exciting work environment. Must have flexible schedule with evening and weekend availability. The facility is closed on Holidays!
Position Outcomes & Activities for the Manager on Duty:
- Be accountable for end-to-end execution (employee, customer experience and financial outcomes)
- Maintain and achieve key business performance goals (sales, margins, and net operating profit)
- Encourage innovation and use ideas from employees as a means to grow the business
- Implement and inspect company and store strategies
- Identify and react to the unique needs of the market
- Be responsible for talent selection and development of employees
- Lead and develop team members with coaching, training, career counseling and directing performance development through use of business performance and personal development goals
- Cross train between departments, helping as an instructor as needed
Position Knowledge and Skills: What Knowledge, Skills and Abilities will you need to succeed in this role?
- Demonstrate leadership by effectively planning and engaging employees as well as customers
- Decision making demonstrated in ability to appraise facts and apply logical analysis to make quality decisions in a timely manner, showing good judgment
- Respond promptly and effectively to problems
- Personal growth displayed in understanding own strengths and development needs, seeks feedback and gains insight from mistakes
- Gain trust of others and build solid relationships throughout the organization and with our customers
- People management regarding hiring and developing talented people resulting in a team who has a high skill and performance level
- Ownership and initiative to solve problems and make recommendations
- Strategic thinking in creating appropriate strategies for areas of responsibility, identifying and implementing ideas that add value to the business
Position Qualifications: Experience and Education requirements.
- 2+ years' experience of leadership / management with the ability to lead and develop a team
- Demonstrated skills in customer service and relationship building
- Experience working with children
- Must have flexible schedule with evening and weekend availability
- Previous experience in retail, fitness, gym, aquatics, swimming, lifeguard, daycare, recreation, sports, amusement park, waterpark, family entertainment, Disney, childcare, membership sales, etc. preferred
- Strong organization skills, computer skills, and the ability to multi-task and effectively manage multiple situations at once
- Experience in budgeting and financial accountability preferred
- Able to sustain a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Demonstrated a consistent trend of improved performance
Aquatics Management Inc.
HealthcareView all jobs at Aquatics Management Inc.