AquaPhoenix Scientific is where technology and water converge, helping our customers build a cleaner and safer global water supply. We are seeking an experienced and proactive Senior Buyer to join our expanding procurement team. The position is based in Hanover, PA and will take a leading role in the procurement of a wide variety of commodities, materials, supplies, equipment, and services. Seeking individuals with prior procurement experience with strong communication and analytical skills to provide support for a wide variety of projects.
The Senior Buyer will work closely with key stakeholders to efficiently and effectively source components and materials to support new product development and on-going production demands. Requires working closely with domestic and international suppliers with a consistent entrepreneurial spirit to discern cost, value, quality, risk management, and timelines.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Manage multiple procurement activities simultaneously, utilizing project management skills to assess risk, timelines, and costs related to the procurement process.
- Contribute to new product development and kit designs to help drive procurement efficiencies, minimize production costs, and recommend saving strategies.
- Monitor industry trends, supplier relations and vender contracts. Provide and implement recommendations and take appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Perform research into product availability, alternative suppliers, value/costs analysis, and references as needed.
- Obtain competitive bids as appropriate, negotiate price and purchase terms with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Work closely with senior management to prepare cost analysis reports outlining cost of goods, potential rebate structures, and discounting levels.
- Work with department heads to advise and recommend alternatives to requested products in support of cost, availability, quality, and volume.
- Serve as an initial point of contact for questions from both internal and external customers on matters pertaining to contracts and procurement.
- Expedite delayed orders due to vendor or manufacturer backorders, credit holds, or emergency requirements and/or obtain acceptable substitutes as required.
- Manage and monitor multiple procurement activities/projects simultaneously; working closely with the team to delegate tasks as appropriate. Ensure all tasks are accomplished through to completion.
- Develop and maintain professional and ethical vendor relationships.
AquaPhoenix Scientific considers applicants with diverse majors and work history; however, applicants for the Senior Buyer position will frequently have education in Business Management, Supply Chain, Business Logistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Marketing, or a related field. Other key qualifications for the position include:
- 5+ years’ experience as a buyer in procurement working directly with domestic and international vendors, including contract negotiations. shipping and logistics
- Bachelor’s or associate degree is strongly preferred but not required.
- Experience working with and managing a large number of small-to-medium size vendors.
- Prior experience/knowledge working with US Customs, importers, and international logistics is preferred.
- Proficient with tools such as MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Experience using MRP-ERP systems with proficiency
- Ability to maintain sound judgment, good planning and initiative with a high attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
At AquaPhoenix, our success is driven by a company culture that inspires a flexible, fun, ‘can-do’ approach to business. We remain steadfast to our commitment to customers and achieving our goals and objectives through hard work, determination, and teamwork. If you’re looking for a great work environment, support to ensure your success, competitive pay and exceptional benefits that includes health, dental, 401(k), disability insurance, and generous paid time off consider a career with AquaPhoenix. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that embraces diverse skills, cultures, and ideas that help our business attract the best talent, generate a positive work environment, and expand our business opportunities. For more information or to apply, please visit www.aquaphoenixsci.com.
AquaPhoenix Scientific LLCHanover, PA
BusinessView All AquaPhoenix Scientific LLC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.