Aqua-Chem Knoxville, TN
- Posted: over a month ago
Do you want to work with a company that changes lives all over the world? Aqua-Chem is a global provider of economically efficient and sustainably engineered solutions for purified water.
Aqua-Chem, headquartered in Knoxville, TN, is a leading provider of Engineered Water Purification solutions for a global base of blue-chip customers. Aqua-Chem has been doing business for over 80 years and manufactures vapor compression distillation equipment, membrane-based water treatment equipment including reverse osmosis, nano-filtration, and ultra-filtration systems, as well as a variety of other water filtration, purification, and storage and distribution equipment, including complete water room design. Aqua-Chem also has a well-established Aftermarket Parts and Services business in over 40 countries. Aqua-Chem equipment is relied upon and trusted to provide pure water for critical needs by a diverse group of markets including pharmaceutical, beverage, military and offshore energy.
At Aqua-Chem, we demonstrate in our daily work life the Six Aqua-Chem Core Values:
- Teamwork - Everyone wins when working toward the same goal.
- Trust - We believe in each other's commitment to honoring our word and to supporting our teammates.
- Communication - An open exchange of clear information, direction & perspectives.
- Empowerment - Believe. Act. Succeed
- Innovation - Finding new and effective solutions for all customers.
- Ownership - We all have a stake in this.
Under the direction of Application/Design Engineers or Manager of Engineering, performs a variety of relatively complex technical assignments to assist and expedite the execution of projects from receipt of order thru shipping.
- Develop bills of materials for current projects from standard designs.
- Develop valve schedule drawings from information received from the Application Engineers.
- Develop instrument schedule drawings from information received from the Application Engineers.
- Develop test procedures from specifications and standard test procedures.
- Develop pump and motor ordering drawings from information received from the Applications Engineer.
- Check and verify drawings per established procedures with input from sketches, calculations, engineer's notes, etc.
- Develop manufacturing bills of materials with manufacturing steps (routers and work orders).
- Provide support to the manufacturing floor during the execution of projects.
- Provide support for tagging and nameplate locations on unit prior to shipment.
- Assist with providing costed bills of material during design phase of projects.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or at a minimum, candidates must be qualified as follows: 4-year technical degree or 4-years manufacturing experience at Aqua-Chem.
- Preferably a minimum 5-years applicable experience in support of capital / original equipment manufacturing.
- Good interpersonal skills are required to interface with personnel and customers.
- Work requires computer and typing skills.
- Comfortable with wearing wear steel toe shoes, safety glasses and/or other PPE as required in manufacturing environment.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper. This description supersedes any previous description for this position.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro