Machinist (2nd Shift)
Aqua-Chem Knoxville, TN
- Posted: over a month ago
Do you want to work with a company that changes lives all over the world? Aqua-Chem is a global provider of economically efficient and sustainably engineered solutions for purified water.
- Teamwork - Everyone wins when working toward the same goal.
- Trust - We believe in each other's commitment to honoring our word and to supporting our teammates.
- Communication - An open exchange of clear information, direction & perspectives.
- Empowerment - Believe. Act. Succeed
- Innovation - Finding new and effective solutions for all customers.
- Ownership - We all have a stake in this.
Position is responsible for the set-up, programming and operation of both manual and CNC controlled milling machines and lathes to produce small and large quantities of precision metal parts.
- Operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines and grinders to produce metal parts.
- Review electronic or written blueprints or specifications for a job.
- Select tools and materials for the job.
- Check accuracy of work against blueprints and specifications.
- Ensure products meet precise specifications.
- Produce large quantities of parts.
- Use manual and computer-controlled machinery.
- Write basic programs.
- Modify programs in response to problems.
- Duties as assigned
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- High School Diploma or GED
- Technical Training required
- 5 years of experience as a CNC Machinist to include Mazak mill setup and programming experience using Mazatrol software.
- Previous experience in a job shop environment utilizing Mazatrol controls with a variety of alloys is preferred
- Manual machine experience with lathes, manual mills, vertical lathe (VTL), radial arm drill
Other requirement and attributes:
- Esprit programming and Overhead crane rigging is a plus
- CNC machining experience and water jet operator experience required
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints to produce parts as required
- Must be able to read calipers, micrometers and other inspection equipment.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and ability to read blueprint
- Knowledge in Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD & T) a plus
- Able to work overtime as required
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper. This description supersedes any previous description for this position. This description supersedes any previous descriptions for this position.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro